Trick Parts

sherco99

Browsing around on t'internet and noticed that there are very few high performance or customised parts available.

Saw a few bits on Jitsie but thats about it!!!

Am I just blind or do such things just not exsist.

I suppose it's quite difficult to define "high performance" on a trials bike, after all, a load of "trick parts" bolted on to your machine won't stop you from putting your feet down, and trials riders know this. It's different with MX bikes as you could always use more power etc.

What sort of trick bits are you looking for?

LEWISPORT US's website pretty much has all the trick stuff available right now in the trials world.i think the new montesa may fire up some other companies to jump into the aftermarket industry that has help make the motocross industry so profitable.fingers crossed! :lol:

Well I like my bike to have both good performance and be aesthetically pleasing also.

Pretty boring when everybodies bikes look identical. The sorts of things that would be good to change would be plastics, flywheel covers etc just to give your machine a customized look!

Your right it will not help you kep your feet up but you'll look good dabbing!

cheers r2w some pretty neat stuff on power craft. One problem, I can't read it! :lol:

trials riders are tight arses who don't wast money on performance boosting parts that really do very little when its the rider that could do 90%+ of the improvement

MX riders like they're stickers, grafix kits, DEP pipes, etc etc, etc to make them look faster (err)

its your money to waste ...............

rabie :lol:

I've put a few after market parts on my Scorpa, some for protection and some just to make it look a bit different. I've had some people ask why i do it, but if i want to spend money on my bike i will, its got nowt to do with anyone else ! I think my bike looks well for it and plenty of other people have commented on it to.

Do you know if they do titanium footrest brackets for the monts, sick of bending the steelies.

I've had a set of these billet aluminium ones for 12 months, there still sound. Made in Germany - Vorsprung durch technik as they say.

post-2-1085849775.jpg

you'll have to hit something very hard to mash 4mm titanium, seems to be good enough for the repsol team.

I wonder how often they change them? Nah seriously, not being a metallurgist, I know that titanium (even the word sounds high-tech) doesn't do too well with stress reversals. That being said I know that the works Ducati's (and probably everything else) use titanium con-rods which is all about stress reversals. Anybody out there care to enlighten me about this?

There are also various different alloys of Titanium to consider too. I'm no metalurgist either, but don't think under normal conditions that us "mortals" live in that it would ever be an issue.

As for the "factory" boys, that's entirely different. I know they don't like to reuse a Ti fastener even once (I even got to dispose of a small selection of them one time :lol: ). But then again, they don't like to reuse steel ones either. It's simply not worth the risk that it was over stretched or fatigued during the last use.