Vee Rubber Tyres?

davieboy

Yes I have tried them & no, they are no good. Rear is way narrower than a Mitch or IRC & the tread is

much shallower, front pretty much the same. My advise is buy a decent set.

If a rubbish rider like me notices a big difference then anybody will.

The IRC tube type rear is great for twinshock use. The only difference in performance from Michelin tube rear is the IRC needs a slightly higher pressure than a Michelin to feel the same ie it is a bit more flexible in the carcass.

The IRC is especially good because it is the only tube type rear that is easy to get a hold of here.

i bought a rear Vee rubber between Xmas and New year as i couldn't get anything else. The side wall seems very stiff, even with 2 psi i could not get a big foot print.

Off out to the shed now to fit an IRC, any one want to bid on a nearly new vee rubber??

I had some old, old Dunlops on the Bultaco when I first got it. Wasn't interested in spending much on tires until I had ridden a bit.

After a season on the old tires I got some new Michelins.

I cannot describe the difference. The bike would go places I wasn't able to go. It felt much more sure-footed.

Tires, and more so in trials than any other motorcycle sports, should be the only point of contact between you and the ground (not to say that I haven't had just about every body part touch the ground whilst riding trials) so you should make sure you get the best tire you can afford, whether it be a Dunlop, IRC or Michelin. Save the cheap tires for a bike you don't want to ride.

Ran a new Mitchelin today for the first time after only having experienced vee rubber. Riding in slick clay mud the difference in upright grip was very noticable. Cleaning climbs the vee wouldn't get half way up with less speed. Cross camber though it doesn't appear to have any more grip.

I use a tube in mine and was inflated to 3psi.

The vee has done 300 miles of road work and still good for another 300. Bet a Mitchelin wont do that !

Happy dabbing.

Ran a new Mitchelin today for the first time after only having experienced vee rubber. Riding in slick clay mud the difference in upright grip was very noticable. Cleaning climbs the vee wouldn't get half way up with less speed. Cross camber though it doesn't appear to have any more grip.

I use a tube in mine and was inflated to 3psi.

The vee has done 300 miles of road work and still good for another 300. Bet a Mitchelin wont do that !

Happy dabbing.

so what are you saying?

my little lads been riding on chein shien on his 50, least you lot ave got a bit of grip on what ever youve got on your rear ? at least theres a choice for the bigger bikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its that bloody hard its been on his bike for 2 years n it just looks likes its just come out off the factory

• 4 years later...

Think of the vee rubber tyre as one that looks like a trials tyre but in reality it is for trail bikes.

IT IS NOT A TYRE FOR TRIALS BIKES IN COMPETITIONS.

You have been warned. Go Michelin and never regret it.