Trials jackets

jakentrials

OK, this thread put me in memory lane mode and I went to look for a Belstaff Trialmaster like wot I had years ago. Jings, crivens, help ma Bob !

Even second hand ones on Flea-bay are fetching more than the National debt of somewhere that owes lots of money! These things make Barbour look cheap !

Anyhooz, before you all go looking, has anyone got an old Belstaff they don't want?

GJ ;)

Harvey Nicholls were selling "distressed" Barbours for

• 9 months later...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I went looking for another Belstaff I was shocked to find out they were now about $750. I think the last one I bought used, was $25. I just gave it away to the salvation Army because it was too small. Not to worry I made a purchase of a new jacket by Fly racing, available from motorcycle-superstore.com for about

I have looked at this stuff at the local store, same type of material and styling as Barbour, for under 100 quid for pants or jacket

http://www.coastalfarm.com/c_outback.html

I still think they stink like a dead rat after a couple of good trials, so don't use them, but for those of you who like that old stalwart smell they may be just up your street.

Like TT5th - I've start using a Paramo jacket. Really does the job. It'll fit into a camelback mule for those longer events.

So far no leaks at all. Lifetime guarantee & easily reproofable.

You can tell if somethings worth having if the used (Ebay) prices hold up.

That's where mine came from.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
I can't stress this enough, forget the trials jackets, buy a MTB jacket! They are waterproof, breathable, cheaper, more features (arm vents/removable arms/better pockets etc), better protection around the bum.... The list goes on! Try Wiggle or Chain Reaction, both offer free delivery. Whilst there, buy MTB gloves too, they last much longer than trials gloves, they're warmer and cheaper!

Just ordered some gloves from wiggle, nice red sixsixone u'ns for a tenner. Jackets were temping too. Good call! :)