New Bike ?

chuckinketchum

I assume we're speaking about the '04 300 Raga? If so, a beautiful bike. Very aggressive as it comes out of the box, but the ignition can be programed to be much mellower for us mortals.

It is a great deal really, as it truely is a "works" level bike. The cost of the trick parts alone would be a small fortune.

I have a chance to buy one in the crate at a good price.  What is the general feeling of this bike?

I went ahead and bought this bike. It is the 2004 Adam Raga Replica 300. Is there a website to get trials bike plastic, fenders and frame guards. I would also like to take off the head light and all the electrical wires it doesn't need. Who sells a good number/id plate?

Edited by chuckinketchum

I watched a bloke a couple of weeks ago trying to ride one, it looked a real handful, breaking traction everywhere, i think you have to be on the ball with your throttle control to get the best out of it, i would say stay well clear unless you are a half decent rider, it won't make the average Joe any better.

i'm with you on this one marky, i call it road bike syndrome ! and yes there may some very posey bits on it but any standard trials bike ( modern) is more than good enough for us mere mortals . after watching micheal brown practising on his ( almost stock ) beta you realise just how capable these bikes are ! :wacko:

Edited by lastplacebrad

No offence intended to anyone but why would anyone buy a full ( or overly powerfull  for their ablities )  bike to then remap the ignition and calm it down?? Why not buy a 200 or 250 :D

:D Your once again, quite right Marky. Same logic that gives us 1000cc sportbikes, high preformance sports cars and Hummers...do we need them? NO...but they sure are cool :wacko:

I think as far as the Raga rep goes, rarity has to be a consideration too...along with the increased resale that goes with it.

I agree 100% on the desirability issue!! As you know i like a tarty bike :D And although not a GG man the raga rep is indeed a great looking bike and exactly the type of thing that i would go for but also baffles me as to why trials lads dont like trick bits, and things that are a bit different,yet go after this bike . I know all the arguments about cost and all the rest of the B*****ks , but how well do these bikes sell!!

That is my main reason 4 having a fat stroke albeit maybe temperary,just to be a bit different for a wee while.

But back to the original bit , yep they look great but why have a great bike and not be able to ride it?? ie too pokey. If you took time out to think about what you were doing then maybe it might seem a bit daft , but hey maybe not. Each to their own. A mate of mine said that he had an unfair advantage with his new raga 300 rep, cos it was so good. But as said before by others as soon as he needs to crack the throttle open he loses traction and loses marks whereas with a 200 or something he would not have that problem, i guess there is quite a bit of machoism involved ??

:wacko: