World Outdoor Trials 1988. British Round.

andy m

- Part 1

- Part 2

- Part 3

This place was 7 miles from house and where I saw Steve Saunders for the first time. I was there so looking to see if I am in there somewhere :thumbup:

I remember Steve going up that hill climb like a rocket when everyone else couldn't get up there :lol: watching him again, its clear to see how much better he was than his peers at getting grip up that stuff. Amazing :o

Also, those wheels on Eddie Lejeune's Merlin - Scary or what ?

that was realy good to see all the early gasgas an betas again where have they all gone id love to have another gasgas 330 aircooled by the way did i see a young dougie lampkin watchin a section wearing a flat cap with 2 other lads in the first part of these 3 films

:thumbup: Does anyone remember watching this on grandstand ( I think it was ) I had only been riding a couple of years and had never seen owt like it , remember thinking how the hell do you get up something that big, steep and incredibly slippy. This was my first introduction to world trials and have been hooked ever since its a pitty normal tv doesnt acknolege our sport yet they will pay millions for coverage of moto gp etc, ok moan over. :lol:

Indoor sections are almost esssential to the events now, its twenty years on now....

Intersting comment, indoor trials=indoor sections, outdoor trials=outdoor sections

So why is it essential to have indoor type man made sections in outdoor trials?

Intersting comment, indoor trials=indoor sections, outdoor trials=outdoor sections

So why is it essential to have indoor type man made sections in outdoor trials?

You make a good point but maybe its the lack of suitable terrain at some of the WTC venues and also, its easier to get spectators around indoor type sections to view.

Back on thread, I wonder if they could ever use that venue again? Probably a bit too far south but anyway, I think this is it if I can remember correctly :thumbup:Google maps

You make a good point but maybe its the lack of suitable terrain at some of the WTC venues and also, its easier to get spectators around indoor type sections to view.

It's the gradual merge of the two titles......one title one flipping circus act, suites our Iberian friends more I guess. Outdoor should be all outdoor terrain, no man made town centre type sections...outdoor has to be credible

Edited by Slapshot 3