montesa Honda Factory Bikes

jsygasgas

Dont know if anybody's still interested,but i've just dug a peice out on doug's 06 mont. It says :- In truth the repsol monts are the only real full factory bikes, with most components being hand crafted by either hrc or at the teams european hq.Each chassis is made from parts in the spanish competition department and is jigged to suit the exact requirements of each rider rather than been a cut and welded stock version.Billet yokes hold one off forks while the rear showa shock is so special that even with the budget of hrc each rider can only have 2 at any one time. The engines are narrower shorter and more powerful.Using technology borrowed from moto gp they have programmable fuel injection and mapping boxes that allow 7 settingsto be stored three of which the rider can have active at any one time.They areseveral kilos lighter than last years bike (05)and the article finishes by saying that they are perhaps the most technically advanced bikes ever to be seen in the off road world. Hope this answers a few questions.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know if anybody's still interested,but i've just dug a peice out on doug's 06 mont. It says :- In truth the repsol monts are the only real full factory bikes, with most components being hand crafted by either hrc or at the teams european hq.Each chassis is made from parts in the spanish competition department and is jigged to suit the exact requirements of each rider rather than been a cut and welded stock version.Billet yokes hold one off forks while the rear showa shock is so special that even with the budget of hrc each rider can only have 2 at any one time. The engines are narrower shorter and more powerful.Using technology borrowed from moto gp they have programmable fuel injection and mapping boxes that allow 7 settingsto be stored three of which the rider can have active at any one time.They areseveral kilos lighter than last years bike (05)and the article finishes by saying that they are perhaps the most technically advanced bikes ever to be seen in the off road world. Hope this answers a few questions.

Hmmm, sounds a wee bit expensive.

I wouldn't be surprised if with the backing of HRC , to achieve their weight goals , if even little details like wheel valve stems and spokes/nipples are made out of titanium ! Every grain counts ! :P Unlimited funds for r&d probably gets written off thru advertising channels ...

Glenn :D

I would take issue with this last issue of YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE where they say Bous frame is standard.

If that is the case why is the engine further up and back? Look at kickstart to compare.

Someone mentioned at some point that the things only had a 3 or 4 speed gearbox! Yea that can get you 20mm!

Reminds me of my old 501 Maico, the early ones only had 3!!! The latter had 4, and if you could use them all, you were doing something! <_<

The kickstart is longer on the works bikes, so you have to compare with something different

Its not, the position of the engine gives this impression. I was next to Amos bike in scotland and his kick start is definately the same its the frame/engine that is different.

• 10 months later...

.....and where did that info come from?

dont know the dudes name but commentator on eurosport2 17 mins into this years final in madrid quoted 11k when fujegas was clearing burn section. so am gettin 1 ( 4rt that is you can keep the shock)

would be interesting to get top 6 riders together and 6 std bikes and 12 sections and let then ride 2 section on each bike in turn.

Would eliminate the bike and show true rider skill.

Think Bou would still be best

hey,

not on a stock 4rt he would not have the power or the shocks to clean some of those wk sections

still he is a great rider and poss the best current rider, but a stock 2 stroke is a far better bike for those sections than the 4 rt

regards bob