Trials Forum

hensley

:D THIS SITE ROCKS !!!

I left trials back in the early 70's , but never left bikes ... Bought my trusty fantic in early 05 after seeing a Geof Arron show on cable tv ...

And thought to myself WOW they STILL ride Trials ? Found the STRA website and their classifieds And haven't looked back yet .!

I didn't even know what a Fantic was when I went to buy it ! This website has taught me allover again why I love trials and the fine people who participate in this great sport . I'VE NEVER MET A UNFRIENDLY person on a trials bike !!! And I've roadraced , enduroed , motocrossed , and desert raced AND this is the best two wheeled sport there is ! I'm very Gratefull that ANDY gives us so much of his time and effort !!!!!!!!

Cause' somedays , being a single dad with 3 kids to raise by myself , (with no outside support ...) the oldest just started highschool . My bike and the events I get to make it to are the only things inlife I can count on !!!

Anyways Rant over , sorry for yelling .

And glad to know everyone of you !

You should always remember something I learned a long time ago , The only STUPID question , is the one you were afraid to ask ...

Glenn :(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is a big(really big) deal for young master Fracy! Great to see it, and I just hope the heat does not overwhelm him! Fluids, water, and then some more! You too dad! Start early, end late! Drink MORE! and not beer! Well maybe a little, later, you know! :( Say camelback!

Copey:

Thanks so much for all the tips! Everyone! It sure does make it easier when I did live there for two years and know exactly what to expect weather wise! It will be fun to see how Matt does, he sure is peaking at the right time! Sure hope to meet everyone from on HERE, down there! I guess all the Canuck beer I am bringing will be done for nothing eh Cope! I think we are all ready! Fly out early Sat Am. See everyone there!

Steve, I will take any excess beer!

You well know the cautions, yet I fear the lad may have not endured such , it is serious and requires constant monitoring! If you get thirsty, you are behind the curve already!

Wow my post does sound depressing...

hahahahaha woops. Sorry about that guys!

I guess I dont get the point of this post. Moving on!

This site rules was the point i was trying to make but I should have gone back out to the bike and rode.

Thats what I intend on doing now. Have a great weekend!

--Biff

Hensley,

I agree, at one time it was hard to keep up with all the threads going at one time. But now it's pretty easy. But we don't need a lane to stir stuff up.....aw nobody cares what we think! Besides we don't no nuthin. I love to inject my lack of wit in a thread.

The biggest deal is just getting people to post. If you have a topic, post it and we'll all fire away, worst case we're banned and can only lurk.

Hi Kramit,

My brother had a Kramer monoshock Maico in 75, a 250 square barrel. I've got pictures somewhere. He was stationed in germany, I think he said he went to Kramers house?!?

The Kramit was made in Italy and had some relationship to Kramer. Probably the same company. Why can't the Japanese give names to bikes like the Italians.....the Kramit will always be the #1 name in my book.

Mecatecno also had some classic names for some of their minibikes from the 80's. Andy will have to post the names as he controls our free speech......I haven't been posting very long and its too soon to be banned!

Well Steve ; I'd love to go but right now I'm looking at my budget and trying to figure out which events I can make it to ...

I'm gonna try and make the next couple events on the stra and or the itsa schedule 's and maybe bring my middle son to try his hand at trials on his little brothers ty80 ...

And like mark said H20 !!! and nothing with caffine in it if its real hot too . I hope Matt has a great time ! and don't forget alcohol dehydrates you too !!!!

Glenn

If no one else I know, other than Les makes it down there, then Steve is safe with the beer! And Brian will have to step up and try at least one!

If Kimbles goes along, Steve may have to dig deep!

You will have to find the Texas boys, they can drink some beer! :(

The whole reason I got interested in TC was the fun reading between Lane, Alan and a few others. I would come home and jump on the computer just to see what they had to say next. Now Lane is gone, Alan doesn't post much and there's no excitement.

The down side to the fun though is the new person that comes in and is looking for trials info. He sees all that going and thinks "those people are all messed up and not very friendly, I don't want to be any part of that" it defiantly makes the wrong impression.

I've been doing these forums for years. Due to employment reasons, I haven't been able to ride for over a year so I devour almost every topic in the forums, trying to get a desperately needed Trials fix. Some of us started feeding our Trials hunger way back in the Trials Action days, and there have been lots of lively discussions about scoring rules, hopping vrs no hop, class names etc. I used to post frequently, it was fun, but I seldome post anymore as one of two things happens almost everytime in the thread which usually kills the the poster and the thread too.

1- someone goes off the deep end, takes whatever the discussion is as a personal attack on their own personal perfect idea of what the sport is supposed to be, grabs .44 magnum worth of keyboard and proceeds to blow the apparent offender and his entire family tree right off the net.

2-someone who almost none of us knows, decides to do his Don Rickles "comedy" routine to someone he dosen't know (or maybe he does but we don't know that), hijacking the thread while thinking he's being funny with his comedic chops, when he almost never is. This usually kills the thread too because personal joking "the typed word" almost never comes over the net the way it was intended. Instead it almost always comes off as a personal insult to those "outside" of the joke.

I was not a Mich Lin fan. I was a fan of his wife Debbi Evan's though. I'm still in awe of watching her do a headstand on her trials bike at the So CA Nationals. I know Lane or Mich Lin or what ever he called himself could be insufferable at times. I personally chose to quit reading his posts as they were becoming pretty much unreadable as he rambled on and on promoting himself, but I'm not sure that banning people, unless they are being extremely foul, does much good in the long run. If they are at least discussing Trials issues, IMHO I think it's better to let readers choose to read the posts and reply to them...or not.

John, it is back to something I said a long time ago, and had been said by many before me and you have done it with this post.

Trials like most clubs I am aware of, have a problem with Somebody, everybody, anybody and Nobody.

How does it go? Everybody knows something needs to be done and certainly anybody could do it, and most everybody seems to think that Somebody should do it but often times in the end poor old nobody does it.

Trials needs the exposure, what it takes is ANYBODY sitting down and doing the writing. but SOMEBODY has to do it.

Lane was a prolific writer, with some great ideas, and some that were really out there. The problem was he would hang an accusation or something negative out there as "Fact" and then when called on it, act like it did not happen, or in the case that finally banned him, just ignore it.

I still chuckle when I think about Doug and his description of me (and Ridge before me) trying to get Trials riders on the same page.

"Individualists of the World UNITE!"

It rings a little truer then I would care to admit.

Still though, even though I sit to the side and watch, the answer too me is that many are very hungry for Trials information, and this website is a GREAT tool to obtain it from.

EVERYBODY, who has an interest, just needs to pop down a couple of quick words and "get the converstaion started"

Stuff that, nobody will read what I write, I don't write so well, I don't have time, I am not the club representative or whatever excuse folks have. You just have to sit down and do it like so many other things in life.

The proof of the interest too me is to watch the counters at the bottom of the pages, and see how many folks watch vs how many type.

The other proof that will come after you type a bit, is folks will walk up too you in the middle of a trials and say,,, "hey, I am watching that thread about the XXXXXX and you need to think about XXXXXX" and it will be someone you had no idea was watching.

I think though as the economic belt tightening of the country progresses, Trials and other side interests will unfortunately be some of the first things to go. Heck, I was speaking with a buddy of Mine Saturday and he was saying the Antique Tractor shows he attends are suffering, and one of those "local" events, has triple the attendance of a National trials.