How Do I Mesure 80:1 Mixture ?

gasgasrob

Well i did do a maths degree, so you would hope I could get this right.

Anotherfive's method gives a ratio of 51:1

SDC's method gives 80:1

Sam12's method gives 66.6:1

Its quite simple but a lot of people get this wrong and are therefore putting the wrong amount of oil in their bikes.

Just convert how many litres of fuel you have into ml (i.e x1000 for those that don't know) then divide this number by the ratio you want.

So for 80:1 in 5 litres, use (5x1000)/80 = 62.5ml

Simple

Might as well jump on the band wagon here and kill some time? Should be at home right now but the glorious fog has dictated that I'll spend another night offshore :rotfl:

Anyhooz, to work out ANY ratio (either with a good old fashioned pencil and paper or the calculator function on your mobile phone) try to remember this.......

Using 80:1 as an example

100 divided by 80 = 1.25 (this is the percentage often seen on a little sticker near the tank, i.e 2% = 50:1)

Using 5 litres as an example (turn litres into millilitres by multiplying by 1000)

5000 multiplied by 1.25% = 62.5 (remember to hit the % key or your answer will be out by 2 decimal places)

Hey presto...........add 62.5 ml of oil to 5 litres of petrol and you'll have yourself a lovely 80:1 mix !

and while you're all here, if you haven't already voted, VOTE NOW

Have a nice night :D

GJ ;)

Might as well jump on the band wagon here and kill some time? Should be at home right now but the glorious fog has dictated that I'll spend another night offshore :rotfl:

Anyhooz, to work out ANY ratio (either with a good old fashioned pencil and paper or the calculator function on your mobile phone) try to remember this.......

Using 80:1 as an example

100 divided by 80 = 1.25 (this is the percentage often seen on a little sticker near the tank, i.e 2% = 50:1)

Using 5 litres as an example (turn litres into millilitres by multiplying by 1000)

5000 multiplied by 1.25% = 62.5 (remember to hit the % key or your answer will be out by 2 decimal places)

Hey presto...........add 62.5 ml of oil to 5 litres of petrol and you'll have yourself a lovely 80:1 mix !

and while you're all here, if you haven't already voted, VOTE NOW

Have a nice night :D

GJ ;)

Christ you must be bored Gav.... weather is crap right now onshore and offshore

Edited by Slapshot 3

I have a wonderful little spreadsheet that give all the mixtures in all common measurements. Unfortunately I too am stuck offshore in the North Sea and dont have access to it. If I remember when I get home I'll post a copy.