Definitive List Of Trials Bike Manufacturers

Andy

Yep, sheet metal tank/seat unit, folded along top edges and a row of rivets running along bottom edges. Some kind of quick release screws for the seat. If I remember correctly, very reminiscent shape-wise of the Gaunt 118cc Suzukis. Nice bike neatly made!

Don't recall anything about chain-tensioning extra sprockets though. However, I understand that Duncan later went into making some pretty handy mountain bikes, so it wouldn't surprise me if he played around with something like that. I don't think large numbers were ever done, so maybe each one was a bit of a special? Could be that one or more of the others had it. No doubt someone here will know.

I usually see Duncan's brother Andy a couple of times a year, observing at trials like the Dave Rowland, so I'll maybe ask him when I get the chance.

Cheers

Yep, sheet metal tank/seat unit, folded along top edges and a row of rivets running along bottom edges. Some kind of quick release screws for the seat. If I remember correctly, very reminiscent shape-wise of the Gaunt 118cc Suzukis. Nice bike neatly made!

Don't recall anything about chain-tensioning extra sprockets though. However, I understand that Duncan later went into making some pretty handy mountain bikes, so it wouldn't surprise me if he played around with something like that. I don't think large numbers were ever done, so maybe each one was a bit of a special? Could be that one or more of the others had it. No doubt someone here will know.

I usually see Duncan's brother Andy a couple of times a year, observing at trials like the Dave Rowland, so I'll maybe ask him when I get the chance.

Cheers

I think it was about this time that disc brakes appeared on trials bikes, still dont think they will ever catch on.

• 1 year later...

Alta, Butler, Cheetah, Cotton, dalesman, Diamond, DMW, Dot, Elstar, Firefly, Francis barnett, Appleyard Honda, Greeves, HJH, James, Miller, Norman, OEC, Saphire, Sarecen, Scorpion, Sprite, Sun, Tandon, Wassell. all courtesy of mr morley..

kawasaki, ossa, swm,

its going to be a long list..

There is good reason for me asking this which will become apparent in time :thumbup: I need to build a list of EVERY manufacturer - no matter how obscure or how historical - who has ever built a competitive Trials motorcycle. This is my list so far, but I know I'm bound to have missed plenty:

Aprilia

Beta

BSA

Bultaco

Fantic

Gas Gas

Greeves

Honda

Montesa

OSET

Scorpa

Sherco

SWM

Triumph

Yamaha

Xispa

Dear Sir,

Can I bring your attention to the above ,contradictory,words highlighted in red. :rotfl:

I'm just having a troll day today :wacko: ....howsabout Garelli?

• 2 weeks later...