Classic Off Road Show Telford

martinm

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go but i don't see any twinshock trials bike on a display.

If last years show was anything to go by there were many twinshocks among the classics on display. Also many stands catering for makes and parts for twinshocks. I'm sure there will be plenty of everything again.

I'm certainly going. Just for the luxury of the heated halls! It was freezing the last two years. I'll be on Dave Renham's Bultaco UK stand with two bikes among those on his display so I am lucky and already have my ticket. I've spent a week polishing my Sherpa and on the Sunday I will ride it at Ixions Norton trophy - invariably a mudfest! Ah well. Its what its really for after all...

Ian???? Steve???? Bilco???? Whatever....dont ever lend him a 340.........

see in exmoor mates, double or nowt on the 500?

Lee i've got so many diffrent names now i have to keep phoning my mum to find out my real one.

Well i better get my licence if im doing exmoor then,hopefully i'll be oko'd up.

So when ya joining facebook then???

Good show,shame about the hour spent queing to get into a car park that was full ! Some nice bikes there,met a few people I know and chatted to a few I didnt. For how well it was advertised there could have been more bikes there - big step,but maybe next year ?

Paid the extra fiver to get in at 9, unfortunately that only let us in to the outside autojumble, not the inside stands. (Wrighty did explain this before he let us in,) but i think some were under the impression it was to get in the whole show. No parking probs at 9am, only criticism was that there seemed to be a hell of a lot less autojumble stands than there were at Malvern last year, and there was a rumour going round that twenty-odd jumblers were turned away because there was no space. Oh, and one other niggle, is it really necessary to rev the nuts of a race bike in a shed full of people? Hurts the ears a bit!

Edited by tsr22b

I went today at 11ish and parking was tight but I got in. It didn't help when some people parked their cars over 1 1/2 bays making it impossible to get another car in. :)

Being the first time for me to attend, I thought it was a good show. Some very very lovely machines on display and listening to the anecdotes of Sammy Miller et al was a treat.

:thumbup:

I enjoyed it, didn't mind the bikes starting, but of course fair point, it may have caused irritation for some who were not used to it!

Great chat with some of the lads, worth the trip down. Pity some of my pals didn't mention where they were staying, could have had quite a good natter Saturday night as we were all in the same hotel!!

Called into the NEC/National Motorcycle Museum this morning for a look round before handing back the hire car and getting on the plane for home. Eldest son enjoyed his treat for a trip with Dad down south!

Big John

Called into the NEC/National Motorcycle Museum this morning for a look round before handing back the hire car and getting on the plane for home. Eldest son enjoyed his treat for a trip with Dad down south!

South? Hehe, well I guess it is for you.. Sorry I couldn't make it up to Telford, work came first in the end.

Wayne...