Standards

paulmc

I would just like to comment on the appalling level of grammar, spelling and punctuation by the contributors to the forums. Whilst the views aired are frequently informative, entertaining, humourous and enlightening, all too often the essence of the post is lost by how it has been written.

I can feel "egg on the face" if I've missed a spelling mistake!

Edited by paulmc

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too often the essence of the post is lost by how it has been written.

That seems a bit ''Prescott'' to me but I'm not throwing any eggs your way.

I do agree with Andy's stance on text talk though i.e. VERBOTTEN !

I'd be very interested to know why you edited your own topic 8 mins (that's short for minutes...but by the time I've typed this explanation..ahhh what's the point...)after it's initial posting? :thumbup:

I would just like to comment on the appalling level of grammar, spelling and punctuation by the contributors to the forums. Whilst the views aired are frequently informative, entertaining, humourous and enlightening, all too often the essence of the post is lost by how it has been written.

I can feel "egg on the face" if I've missed a spelling mistake!

Your not confusing T C with the Guardian by any chance ?

Edited by B40RT

A few spelling mistakes or typos on a forum can be excused, but what makes me cringe is when you see people use txt talk when they are hand writing... although I must admit I'm getting to the point where I hardly ever write with a pen, my life seems to have been taken over by the keyboard. Especially at work over the last few years.

I think I'm suffering from a generation gap, but I value good grammer and a broad vocabulary very highly.

My daughter recently actually used 'lol' in conversation. How can it be too much effort to actually 'laugh out loud' so you have to abbreviate it?? I informed her that only proper, audible guffawing would be accepted and at no point would she be permitted to roflmao or somesuch...

I was asked to leave...

Ebay adverts are a great source of amusement and it help you descide whether to buy on not, there are too many adds with dodgy grammer as only two weeks ago i bought a nice ty 250 because it was described correctly (all the two's without the guardian!!)

Dave