Standards

paulmc

Gosh, how a forum thread quickly descends from funny to feisty!

It seems that there are 2 people who are easily upset: those upset by poor grammer and those upset by people upset by poor grammer!

We're all equally right and wrong, but certainly shouldn't take this seriously; up until a few posts ago, it was light-hearted humour!

Graham

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is a "healthy debate".

I think it's called "you being a conceited a-hole"...

It's a place to talk trials, maybe you should spend your time here : http://www.englishforums.com/

how can someone from a nation that spells "catsup" instead of ketchup get so fired up about someone's views on our quirky english language, and as for telling us to spend our time on english forums instead, another classic example of our american friends bossing us about! (only joking guys, i know we couldn't have won the 2nd world war without you, and that is a genuine comment by the way) so leys get back to some trials talk eh.

how can someone from a nation that spells "catsup" instead of ketchup get so fired up about someone's views on our quirky english language, and as for telling us to spend our time on english forums instead, another classic example of our american friends bossing us about! (only joking guys, i know we couldn't have won the 2nd world war without you, and that is a genuine comment by the way) so leys get back to some trials talk eh.

Crikey! :D

Spencer:

I see you changed your user name from The Goat. What gives, now we are all going to know who you are....

Hey Steve, I had read somewhere that Jordi Tarres was considered the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) and could not carry on with the same moniker. I had originally chosen the Goat as I am a Capricorn and trials bikes are like goats. Thanks for noticing.

As for Newfie jokes, they will never be out of bounds.

Spencer

Edited by Spenser

DGShannon Posted Yesterday, 01:54 PM

QUOTE (GrahamJayzee @ Feb 6 2009, 02:19 AM) *

It seems that there are 2 people who are easily upset: those upset by poor grammer and those upset by people upset by poor grammer!

Graham

What about those upset by Kelsey Grammer?

ALRIGHT NOW YOU HAVE GONE AND MENTIONED THE UNMENTIONABLE ACTOR!!!

I am going to straight away to my settings and make it so I never have to see any posts by DGShannon!!!

Of all the things he could have posted, he went and put that name on my screen!!!!

:D:D:blush: Yep I am being a twit. Good one DGShannon.

When I post, I try and make an effort in relation to grammar, but it's not a strong point of mine. I do think spelling is overrated though. There are so many words in the English language that are spelt in a stupid way. Pneumatic for example, why the hell does that word start with a P :D

ALRIGHT NOW YOU HAVE GONE AND MENTIONED THE UNMENTIONABLE ACTOR!!!

I am going to straight away to my settings and make it so I never have to see any posts by DGShannon!!!

Of all the things he could have posted, he went and put that name on my screen!!!!

:D:blush::D Yep I am being a twit. Good one DGShannon.

Gosh, yes. I did overlook that 3rd group. I've gone and done it now, haven't I?

That bl00dy Aaron Spelling TV producer guy really GET'S ME TOO!!!!

:D

GrahamJayzee Posted Today, 04:39 AM

That bl00dy Aaron Spelling TV producer guy really GET'S ME TOO!!!!

Most of his shows were inane and asinine with very little substance or worthwhile plots....................But they usually had some good Eye Candy!

When I post, I try and make an effort in relation to grammar, but it's not a strong point of mine. I do think spelling is overrated though. There are so many words in the English language that are spelt in a stupid way. Pneumatic for example, why the hell does that word start with a P :D

Don't start with the spelling. Quay, Pneumonia, Xispa ........