2009 Ragas, Good Or What ?

steveo

Most competitive production bike out there,if you're good enough to benefit from one.This is based on the 300,my son and I haven't ridden the others.A friend has a 250 and really rates it.The 07/08 bikes were good,but the red frame definatly handles better,and makesthe bike feel a bit lighter too.If you ride one I think you'll want one

These bikes in the three different capacities sold out fast, how about a few reports on their performance!

I had a chance to ride the 08' 250 Raga some time ago and found it very easy to adapt to quickly. Some bikes I've ridden seem like I have to slightly force them to do something, but the Raga, with the new frame, just reacted to my input without protest. Almost like thinking it makes it so. Very well balanced and it had me confidently looking for obstacles that would have been slightly above my talent level riding my 280 Pro. I would have liked a slightly shorter turn radius, but that would easily be acomplished with a minor mod to the fork stops.

The Raga, along with some special additives that are Raga specific, usually incorporates the changes that will appear in the next years production bikes (like the new 28mm tube frame).

Jon

Wrong, they were 09 Raga's, saw my first one in the back of Munch's van last May.

Wrong May 2008 were 08 Raga Reps, May 2009 will be 09 Raga reps

The 08 Raga is based on the 09 model TXT Pro but is an 08 model.

Every Raga model since inception in 2003 has been a taster for the next years model with with the exclusion of the magnesium parts, keihin carb, and Ohlins shock (older models) etc

The little gold plate on the bike will say '08 - XXX' the XXX being the production number as they are limited run models

Wrong May 2008 were 08 Raga Reps, May 2009 will be 09 Raga reps

The 08 Raga is based on the 09 model TXT Pro but is an 08 model.

Every Raga model since inception in 2003 has been a taster for the next years model with with the exclusion of the magnesium parts, keihin carb, and Ohlins shock (older models) etc

The little gold plate on the bike will say '08 - XXX' the XXX being the production number as they are limited run models

Thats correct, my new in May Raga 250 says 08 on the gold plate and key ring.

[Thats correct, my new in May Raga 250 says 08 on the gold plate and key ring.

So does mine... But back to the thread: My 250 is so easy to ride, but I have had lots of problems getting it to run OK at tick-over and its still not right, but it carburates beutifully through the rest of the rev range. I have heard that the Keihin carb can be a bit fickle but this is taking the p**s. Titty pipe is very thin and already looks very 2nd hand (i.e dinged on the bottom bend), but rest of bike quality is fine.

That's right, the latest Raga models are kown as an 08 Raga, with the new round tube frame. (Standard production models are known as 09 models)

I have a 300 Raga, previously had an 06 Raga 300 and an 04 300 before that. This latest model has by far the most torquiest engine of my 300's. Carburation was lean and needed a larger main jet plus , for me, runs best with a GJH needle. I preferred the 06 model for riding feel, the 08 feels as though the footrests are a little high and quite a long ways back. The plastic triple clamp to frame protector restricts steering lock and feels much better with it removed. Gearing is higher than 06/07 models, even with a 10T gearbox spkt, but is just fine for me with a 10/44 combination and now feels like the 06 bike. I ended up making up a set of footrests that were 10mm lower and this feels a lot better. I fit the Hebo flywheel weight and this is great for riding up rocky creeks (becks, burns).

As it is, the bike is bril and hard to improve upon, better than my 06 Raga even.

By comparison, I had a ride on an new Evo 290, felt like riding a plank after the Raga with a heavy and on/off clutch action, still, other riders like them.

Bye, PeterB.