Sense At Last

dixie

Yup. I can't disagree with any of that, Atom.

Sure they tried an experiment with it a few years back, no one liked it from memory. Cahors has it and I think santigosa did a special last day gate thingy couple of years back too.

Doubt it would achieve anything at wtc level and would create many problems whilst possibly solving one.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they tried an experiment with it a few years back, no one liked it from memory. Cahors has it and I think santigosa did a special last day gate thingy couple of years back too.

Doubt it would achieve anything at wtc level and would create many problems whilst possibly solving one.

Ok, its been tried once and they didn't like it - lets give up then as usual :rolleyes:

Sure they tried an experiment with it a few years back.

Who did'nt like it i wonder,just the 6 guy's riding the WTC at the time,why would it bother the top guy's what's below them as long as they have there big stuff to ride..Are we starting to see the fact that the handfull of top rider's and factories don't want every tom,dick and harry messing about in there WTC section's.If this is the case then that's a big shame.

Edited by bilc0

What do you actualy know about gate trials Dabster? have you ridden one, set one up, do you know the rules, or is it more of a mate said it was shlte, so it must be.

I think they tried some French spin off , of Gate trials, it gave partial scores even if you did foot in the section, again no matter what rules are used at world championship level, they have to be fair for alll riders and followed to the letter of the rule, this being leinient by observers because some rider tried hard or didn't stop for that long is making the whole game a joke to the public

When I first was told how gate trials worked by the man who invented it, at first I thought he was talking out of his backside.

After putting a few on and at least trying it, I can say I was wrong! and I think it would solve more problems than it would create at world championship level.

I think a lot of people seem to be missing the point, no stop trials will increase spectators, lets face it watching someone hoping for 10 mins is boring to the layman. Spectators = sponsors from outside the sport and what do young riders need to progress ??? SPONSORSHIP Also as sections would take less time, maybe the tv would be more intrested.... we could even get kickstart back :0) I don't dislike the rules as they are, but i also don't mind if they go back to how it allway's was. We need more intrest from the public as it will bring more money into the sport to help the younger ones (they are the future) and get more people interseted in riding trials if this had happened a few years ago maybe scorpa would still be with us and the shops would be doing a much better trade everyone's a winner :rolleyes: Lets put trials back where it was and remember, its not about individuals

no stop trials will increase spectators

Yer but there's no point having spectator's if you hav'nt got the rider's,No stop at a WTC still won't give you the mass of rider's to keep a mass of spectator's happy,it's all gone down the road to far for a straight NO Stop format to work at a WTC.

Whatever rule they use at WTC level club level will still use whatever rule they want to use.

As we've already heard on this forum rider number's at club trials are healthy in the UK.

I think a lot of people seem to be missing the point, no stop trials will increase spectators, lets face it watching someone hoping for 10 mins is boring to the layman. Spectators = sponsors from outside the sport and what do young riders need to progress ??? SPONSORSHIP Also as sections would take less time, maybe the tv would be more intrested.... we could even get kickstart back :0) I don't dislike the rules as they are, but i also don't mind if they go back to how it allway's was. We need more intrest from the public as it will bring more money into the sport to help the younger ones (they are the future) and get more people interseted in riding trials if this had happened a few years ago maybe scorpa would still be with us and the shops would be doing a much better trade everyone's a winner :rolleyes: Lets put trials back where it was and remember, its not about individuals

Why will no stop bring in spectators?

Where is 10 mins allowed in sections?

You change yer mind more often than Kinnel changes his under crackers.

HAHA - That's a result of being in the design game. Always looking for something that's better and if it comes along then I change my view instantly. This is an example :rolleyes: