Cody Webb 2010 Usa National Champion

ron

There is indeed a lot of history behind all this, and a lot of things have happened in the last few years.

Riders on different bikes, some bikes missing, some riders missing! Add there is only so much money to go around!

Cody kicked ass! And this is not a bad thing, either! I hope to see these kids dukeing it out, makes good competition! And we need that! A bit of disparity in the latter part of the class, which not unlike the top of WTC can be soo intense that few can get along.

Last pic I seen of Cody was in Gaerne boots and S3 logo on XC jersey with NAU skidlid, these things only come from one place over here, RYP!, which means Cody is (still) a RYP sponsored rider!

RYP supports Trials in the USA! Via many things such as Training Days, Youth Nationals and National events, parts and equipment, and services!

I do not know what things would be like without them. :agreed:

Edited by copemech

not a chance! :agreed:

he's been beating pat all year. it has to have been suggested to him by now. just wondering his take on it. it'd be great to see him give it a shot dontcha think?

I'll let Cody decide his future. If it's his hearts desire to be the next world champion I'll cheer him on.

not a chance! ^_^

he's been beating pat all year. it has to have been suggested to him by now. just wondering his take on it. it'd be great to see him give it a shot dontcha think?

According to his Facebook posts, he's at least thought about it..

The first thing through my mind when he beat Pat for the first time was that I wondered how he'd do in Europe.

Great to have 2 riders so talented in the US. It'd be nice if there were a way to support guys with their talent to go compete overseas if they so desired. A solution to help them with the culture differences, etc.

Great that Dirt Rider went to a national and competed. I already subscribe but feel better about it knowing they went and reported on it. To me it's as interesting to hear an average Joe's impressions as it is to hear what a Pro thinks. They really are the only mainstream rag to give trials any attension at all. It would be nice to see even more coverage such as bigger event reports such as the nationals. It would be cool to see bike tests or even a trials shootout like you used to see in the seventies.

Well I only made it to 2 events this year....but Cody was clearly the class of the field. However....i sensed not all was well in the Sherco camp. Mr. Smage seemed tentative and a bit disconected. I for one hope neither goes to Europe next year. I can make a USA event...not a world event. I want to see Pat regain the fire in his belly and throw the gauntlet down to Cody. I think we are better off with both of them here...but Im selfish. Congrats to Mr. Webb.

When you get your copy of Cycle News guess who will be on the cover.

No not me but that was a good guess.

The 3 lovely ladies that you are standing with in your Avatar? ^_^

I will assume it will be our new #1 Pro Champ Cody Webb!!! :)

(very impressive that he is.... I still would like to see the ladies)

no I didn't miss that, all I was saying is "I think it would be cool" emphasis on "I"

there is no reason for our riders to go except to be able to compete against the best in the world.

it's too bad there is motivation to do it (spell motivation with $$$$)

no worries, I will support our nations top riders no matter what they decide to do.

hat's off to Cody for getting the National Championship

Maybe you missed this Letter from Pat Smage Don't think he is going back to Europe.

Well Stated MotoVintage!!!

Hat's off to Pat as well. He's awesome and probably raised the level and expectations of trials in the US for years to come!

It will be nice watching these 2 duke it out and others raising their games to try and catch them for the next several years.

Maybe with the popularity of Enduro-X and the fact that most people realize the top riders in that sport come from a trials background, trials will get some long desrve respect, recognition and $$$ for those talented enough to be at the top! :o