Laia to GasGas

larstrialinfo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bing translation;

Big surprise in the area of transfers, since Laia Sanz, 11-time world champion abandons the Montesa team to join that of Gas Gas. An agreement which includes different activities "off road" on the trial for Gas Gas to be bought almost a fact on a title of world women's champion, but that will allow the beautiful Iberian ride enduro and rally raid.

With the rumor from a site in Spanish of a departure from Toni Bou for Beta and this proven departure of Laia Sanz for Gas Gas, we can start a worry about the sustainability of the Montesa team. Case to follow

This and the news that next years world round at Fort Bill is cancelled, all in one night! Jings crivens help ma Boab as they say in the Sunday post.

GJ :wacko:

IF and its all just talk at the minute, but if Honda are pulling the plug then this may be the catalyst needed to force change. I dont know if Beta could afford to run Bou and Dabill but where would Fuji go ?

Gas Gas already have Gubian, Raga, Brown, Grattarola and maybe Wigg which seems too many.

On top of this the organisers cant afford to run the events without external support.

The FIM need to look seriously at participation and costs.

Hi

Rumers, but baldilocks is guessing that the riders he lists still have rides next year, If you were the beta boss and had the chance of Bou, you take it, drop Dibs who sadly hasn't performed too well. I was told by a top enduro rider that possibly the top three trials riders make a living, a few scratch a living, many do it for love. So having the wolrd champ on your team could possibly be a bargain compared to other forms of sport.

Pete

So if you were to guess martin is bou going or staying?

AC, no need to guess. Bou is staying, as always. I am in Spain as I write this. Saw the team this week and spoke with Toni Fuji Laia and team manager MC. This is all just a very weak rumor started by some silly Spaniard.

Edited by Martin Belair