2012 GasGas e-bike

laser1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like real photos, not mock ups. I hope they actually start shipping these at a fair price. 63kg, 138lbs! I wonder how much hp it produces. Weird having no clutch. I'd like to see a second rear brake control for the left hand.

Recent UK magazine has an editorial about the sport in crisis and electric trials is the future. Here in the US it is in an even bigger crisis. I can see trials taking off by going electric. Old warehouses in major cities can be converted into extreme sports facilities. BMX, skate, trials, endurocross using the same indoor/outdoor courses. You would swap out batteries at the counter.

Recently, there was operating cost comparison between a Zero electric dual sport and a DR200. They should have tested the Zero MX with a 4T MX with both producing the same hp. Ownership costs should be comparable, maybe even less long term.

electric/gas study

If its electric can you use it on the road without taking a test and without insurance?

Nope you will still need a motorcycle licence and insurance ,, but no road tax :thumbup:

It would need to conform to the electric pushbike rules - power & speed are limited.

and it will need peddles

the price i have seen some where for the kit i.e motor, controller and battery is 5k euro's, the spec that I have seen for it is that the motor produces 10kw peak power (13hp)

Edited by gwhy

be intresting to see what happens ,still think we will have problems as to where we can use them,as for noise and trials bikes ,my beta 4t you can still hear a mouse fart.

as for electric, lithium is already is in short supply ,it has a short life span and on cycles reliability issues and a battery for a push bike is around

be intresting to see what happens ,still think we will have problems as to where we can use them,as for noise and trials bikes ,my beta 4t you can still hear a mouse fart.

as for electric, lithium is already is in short supply ,it has a short life span and on cycles reliability issues and a battery for a push bike is around

"my electric bikes on the other hand are the bee's knees "

Tell me more....

I dont want to start cluttering up this thread, but if you really want to know more about my bikes then drop me a PM and I will give you all the details.