2012 GasGas e-bike

laser1

I was just reading in another thread about there is a minimum weight limit on trials bikes of 65kg :wacko: do this apply with the ACU reg's ?, I didn't know there was such a rule and if there is, where do that put this GG weighing in at 61kg :blink: .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a start and a beginning of what might come, but ....

Most men are competitive. Men aged 15 to 70 are all pushing for their best chance at a class win.

Does this bike have a competitive level of power for anything other than twiddling around the woods?.

If you can afford the petrol to get to the event , then you can the afford the petrol to ride around.Why would you buy an ebike when you want to be competitive ?.

If the land owner is happy with petrol bikes on the land, then again why would you buy an ebike , if you want to be competitive?.

If the clubs and centres arent telling you to buy an ebike , then why would you , especially as you want to be competitive?.

I do understand that they have less noise impact and certain land owners will favour that , but the noise isnt mentioned when im talking to land owners for the event i run. They are just concerned about soil erosion .

Eventually , there may be e bike classes ,e bike trials but its going to take ages and i dont see the demand.

Maybe im wrong?

Discuss

Edited by gasgas249uk

just something quick to think about ... electric motors can have the powerband of a 2 stroker but through out the throttle range...from 1 rpm to max rpm (Unlike a gas bike) so in real terms electric trial bikes can be very competitive. Im not saying that the GG will be as competitive as the next bike to be released ( but give me a 10kw electric motor over a ICE 250cc anyday for torque and control as long as the bike is designed right )

I was just reading in another thread about there is a minimum weight limit on trials bikes of 65kg :wacko: do this apply with the ACU reg's ?, I didn't know there was such a rule and if there is, where do that put this GG weighing in at 61kg :blink: .

I was also wondering why they didn't just add a few more batteries to make it legal. Price? Space? Future reg changes? Also - where's the clutch? Kind of disappointed to see it omitted.

I was also wondering why they didn't just add a few more batteries to make it legal. Price? Space? Future reg changes? Also - where's the clutch? Kind of disappointed to see it omitted.

Another battery pack would make it about 68kg ( legal ) and will double the range but the whole battery pack would have to custom made and re-designed to fit in the frame better. price would be expensive but it depends on what battery chemistry they are using. The clutch is not really needed with a electric motor driven bike and it will be difficult to get used to as it will be so different but it really depends on how the controller is setup on the bike to how it rides.

I wouldn't expect to see a machine examiner (if at all) with a weighbridge at any trial soon.

someone mentioned the urban possibilities that it could open up, got me thinking about all the places you could practice that you currently can't

I think its a good proof on concept, was the first mono shock the best it could be??

they could really go to town on the design if they move away from adapting a petrol bike frame and make an electric bike, flat motor built into the rear wheel hub, move the batteries down low, etc etc