Us World Round At Ttc

martin belair

Don't know where you've read that, but it is not the case. The change has been put forward to encourage more riders to enter which will apparently sell more bikes. Nobody has yet come up with a satisfactory explanation as to how no-stop in the WTC equates to selling more bikes.

The WTC is an amusing aside but is totally devolved from Trials as we know it and as such i cant see how whatever happens at WTC is going to equate to selling more bikes. Stop, no stop, roll backwards, stop for a 1, whatever. WTC has as much relevance to Trials as Stadium Cross has to Moto Cross.
  • Like 1

nit picking, ask your local Pro riders if you have any in your club, what they think...they will be riding the crazy stuff. not any of us..i for one did. and lets see.

i asked 10 of the ones i know personally...not one thinks its a good idea,

out of the 20 or so Expert riders...not one , thinks no stop is a good idea,

now.

i have a good friend that does a great amount of scoring, and watching...he thinks its a great idea.

a few friends all ride twin shockers, and no modern, are ok with the rule..no they dont compete with the NATC, TS line. or will ever ride at the pro level ever.

a couple more that dont ride over Int, class. are on the fence, basicly what they said, is, they dont have imput on a rule that wont effect them and really dint understand why they would change it..and i agree.

ive seen this before with other clubs iv been in, a couple powers that be, dream up something they think will be great, they dont ask the people that it effects, and in the long run, the people that think its a bad idea, stop showing up and they just start doing something else.

with a part of a sport that already a Niche, so to speak, lets chase away more with a new ruling, rather then ask the riders that it will effect first ?

i can tell you, when you pass a rule, and make someone follow guidlines they dont want to follow,,,they will stop playing in your game plain and simple,

so. if they think this rule will sell Trials motorcycles? after they stop riding trials, and move on to other venues, how is that going to sell your new model?

I think a big point that is being missed, is the type of section has to be made to reflect the style of riding required in no stop.

If clubs choose to follow the FIM in the rule change in this part of the world, then the people marking out the course need to keep this in mind, and for the first few events keep it simple and flowing, even a bit on the easy side.

I think it's all down to the section plotters, it would be easy to say I don't like no stop so I'm going to mark out tight turns and big steps just to prove the new rules don't work, all that does is p*** em off so they don't come back again no matter what the rules. if the idea is to get more riders on trials bikes at the events

then it is up to us to make the effort.

• Like 3

alot of riders dont know how much work, and how hard it is to set a national trial event, let alone a world class event, each class has its guidlines, on how they are set,

more to this then, just set the sections to fit the ruling,

in reality, the sections wont change, only the rule, {just like the split 5 rule last year} though they enforced the ruling, they didnt set some of the sections to fit the new rule, and many like myself, got a split 5 or 2, some riders protested, and those 5s were dropped, i didnt, as i dont belive in protesting something like that, the next time, i rode the section different, and cleaned it.

like i said,

more then likely, they will stop, ride the section, get a 5, and they as a group will protest the section saying the section cant be rode safely with out stopping, they will reverse the 5, and move on.

you can count on the NATC following with FIMs no stop rule, most local clubs wont follow it, the larger clubs might, if your club has a national event every other year, count on it.

The big problem is we don't discuss anything here this is a big topic and it just goes ignored by most. Is there a new forum i am not aware of this is being discussed or has everybody lost their passion for trials?

We have a couple of opinions mentioned at MOTA http://motatrials.com/forum/trials-news/330-fim-trial-world-championship-goes-non-stop.html#409

you can count on the NATC following with FIMs no stop rule, most local clubs wont follow it, the larger clubs might, if your club has a national event every other year, count on it.

The last time the FIM went no stop NATC decided to wait a year and see how it worked at world level before making any changes, a year later the FIM went back to allowing a stop so a change wasn't needed.

In my experience the NATC try and cater for the US rider, and the national championship, what individual clubs do is nothing to do with the NATC.

• Like 1

The 2013 World Trial at the TTC is an FIM event - therefore it has to be run under the latest FIM rules - lots of opinions posted, but at the end of the day this is the fact.

I just spent an hour reading those comments. Lot's to digest. One thing I do know, this is going to cause major conflict between riders and observers over boardline forward motion calls.

I just spent an hour reading those comments. Lot's to digest. One thing I do know, this is going to cause major conflict between riders and observers over boardline forward motion calls.

Amos Bilbao has suggested that riders not be allowed to argue with observers, period. I think this is a great idea.

This thread was intended to fire people up about the upcoming World Round at TTC.

A long time ago....... As a young lad I was lucky enough to spend a summer working at Sandiford's. I spent my time along side the great Bill Brandwood who taught me so much. I recall that the was a Brittish Round of the MX GP 250 coming up nearby and we all made plans to go. As the GP grew near ol' Bill began a countdown every day he would remind us that were we going to see the greats of MX ride in anger. He'd say "just 2 weeks, boy until f#cking Grand Prix" !! He was so stoked and it spread to the rest of so much so that buy the time we got to the day of the GP were we all going nuts. We spent the day leaned over the ropes cheering on the greats of MX . The late great Jim Pomeroy raced that day. He crashed early on, came around in dead last with no visor or goggles and worked his way back to to fourth. My memory has never been great but that day stands out.

Why tell you all this story.? Because all this talk of rules changes has got us here in the US missing the point. It's been 5 years since most of us have seen Toni Bou and Co ride. Seeing him ride on You Tube is not good enough. I want the real thing.

The idea of No Stop has trials riders talking about the state of the sport and that is a good thing. But its a bit like politics or religion. It has the potential to become polarizing. This post is intended to get people fired up about going to TTC and remember it's just 6 months to the US World Round!

Edited by martin belair
  • Like 1

Amos Bilbao has suggested that riders not be allowed to argue with observers, period. I think this is a great idea.

This thread was intended to fire people up about the upcoming World Round at TTC.

A long time ago....... As a young lad I was lucky enough to spend a summer working at Sandiford's. I spent my time along side the great Bill Brandwood who taught me so much. I recall that the was a Brittish Round of the MX GP 250 coming up nearby and we all made plans to go. As the GP grew near ol' Bill began a countdown every day he would remind us that were we going to see the greats of MX ride in anger. He'd say "just 2 weeks, boy until f#cking Grand Prix" !! He was so stoked and it spread to the rest of so much so that buy the time we got to the day of the GP were we all going nuts. We spent the day leaned over the ropes cheering on the greats of MX . The late great Jim Pomeroy raced that day. He crashed early on, came around in dead last with no visor or goggles and worked his way back to to fourth. My memory has never been great but that day stands out.

Why tell you all this story.? Because all this talk of rules changes has got us here in the US missing the point. It's been 5 years since most of us have seen Toni Bou and Co ride. Seeing him ride on You Tube is not good enough. I want the real thing.

The idea of No Stop has trials riders talking about the state of the sport and that is a good thing. But its a bit like politics or religion. It has the potential to become polarizing. This post is intended to get people fired up about going to TTC and remember it's just 6 months to the US World Round!

I like the suggestion of no arguing with the Observers. best way to keep observers. (note to observers please be fair and consistent that is all I ask...... that and accept my bribes for cleans)

Good point about being able to see the best riders in the world come to our country!!!

Martin, my comment wasn't to raise a stir. My apologies if it came off that way.

I, too, am excited WTC is coming back to the good ole' U.S.A. While I've had the fortune to see the World's best overseas, my most fond memory is Pat winning in 2007 at TTC-- and 2004 in Duluth -- during one of those Minnesota regular drizzles. It was a rain storm that Dougie called "torrential rain". Bike's submerged underwater, sections so nasty riders were taking five's every other section; and the crowd going nuts.