Us World Round At Ttc

martin belair

Martin, my comment wasn't to raise a stir. My apologies if it came off that way.

I, too, am excited WTC is coming back to the good ole' U.S.A. While I've had the fortune to see the World's best overseas, my most fond memory is Pat winning in 2007 at TTC-- and 2004 in Duluth -- during one of those Minnesota regular drizzles. It was a rain storm that Dougie called "torrential rain". Bike's submerged underwater, sections so nasty riders were taking five's every other section; and the crowd going nuts.

No Problem Craig. I was just using your comment about observers/rider conflicts to highlight Amos' comments about banning arguements.

Martin, Glad we're not going to argue on the subject of our country being able to host a World Round, again; given the fact our best rider refuses to participate overseas. (I'm still miffed the kid was leading the Junior Class, finishing his last event with a clean round, and pulls the plug.)

That being said, I know Pat will ride this World round. That, and Cody, and the rest of our boy's giving it a go, should be worth the money any American motorcycle fans should pay to see.

Can anyone say "rider in the shute" like I can? I'm even toying with being an observer that weekend. You up for giving a tutorial to the group a day before the event?

Whatever happened to Al Bechard? I still remember his crazy strong Margaritas at TTC :beer:

I wonder too ... When I first got back into trials I communicated alot with Al , But I never got a chance to meet him face to face , And I owe him a romp on the old Fantic too !

No Problem Craig. I was just using your comment about observers/rider conflicts to highlight Amos' comments about banning arguements.

Nothing will solve the problem of Checker Opinion........3 checkers in the section all showing a different score............I've seen that too many times and think its only going to get worse.

A 5 for a momentary stop is going to be a tough call for most checkers.....scoring a 1 for a stop 10 years ago was bad enough.

A 5 for a momentary stop is going to be a tough call for most checkers.....scoring a 1 for a stop 10 years ago was bad enough.

Got to ask, Do you think observers don't like to give the five because they don't know what a stop is? or just feel uncomfortable giving a world round rider a failure.

Isn't it a lot worse for Joe Blogs riding full no stop in every section getting beat in the event because the observer isn't comfortable applying the rules correctly.

Got to ask, Do you think observers don't like to give the five because they don't know what a stop is? or just feel uncomfortable giving a world round rider a failure.

Isn't it a lot worse for Joe Blogs riding full no stop in every section getting beat in the event because the observer isn't comfortable applying the rules correctly.

And you ask this being the one who knows full well the defination of it in SSDT! Personally, I could give a crap less, it is indeed soo subjective, some were making comments on the vid by Cabby, stating he stopped! As example, I will 5 you for farting in the section if that is how we play, yet I still think none of this is in the spirit of the sport!

You know, if they just want Hitler observers, just say so! F--k the lot! I would prefer that to some rider even toutching a marker for a 5! Where did that crap come from? O feck you toutched it! Well damn, you put it in the middle of the section! Where did that s--t come from?

Both.........

Also, anyone remember the term "Dynamic Stop" from the last No-Stop Go Round?

Not sure this reason for not Fiving (or a one) was good or not.

Ishy...........is Joe Blog's AKA "Copemech" by chance?

Edited by kramit

And you ask this being the one who knows full well the defination of it in SSDT! Personally, I could give a crap less, it is indeed soo subjective, some were making comments on the vid by Cabby, stating he stopped! As example, I will 5 you for farting in the section if that is how we play, yet I still think none of this is in the spirit of the sport!

You know, if they just want Hitler observers, just say so! F--k the lot! I would prefer that to some rider even toutching a marker for a 5! Where did that crap come from? O feck you toutched it! Well damn, you put it in the middle of the section! Where did that s--t come from?

I asked the question because I don't think the rules are the problem, more the application of said rules.

The sooner the world championship hops up it's own ass in a cloud of two smoke the better.

In the US, clubs can run club events under any rules or format they want, and for me that is where there is still a bit of enjoyment to be had.

• Like 1

Well all bickering about rules that don't really affect me anyways aside ... My vacation days are set :) from the 22nd to the 29th I'll be at TTC donig whatever I can to help the crew out ... And Grannie is gonna stay with my kids @ home :) :)

Glenn

Well all bickering about rules that don't really affect me anyways aside ... My vacation days are set :) from the 22nd to the 29th I'll be at TTC donig whatever I can to help the crew out ... And Grannie is gonna stay with my kids @ home :) :)

Glenn

Glenn,

See you there Buddy,Already have a place about twenty minutes from TTC reserved for that weekend(Nice Mountaintop cabin to the south)

Glenn,

See you there Buddy,Already have a place about twenty minutes from TTC reserved for that weekend(Nice Mountaintop cabin to the south)

Cool , I'll be in my large white breadbox (nissan nv 1500 van) towing a Triton aluminum trailer with a old red bike on it ...

• 2 weeks later...