Long Queue

andy0101

hi there i rode in a trial last weekend ( Macclesfield club) ,they got a good entry of 140 so with no starting order the queues were big ,so big i had to take a photo of this one , thankfully it was on the last section

by the way its not a gripe ,i had a great day and a good crack

post-5488-0-82815800-1367164215_thumb.jpg

Edited by andy
Fixed spelling. It was annoying me.

Looks like participation was very good!!!! :thumbup:

They must be doing something right. :banana:

"Edited by andy, Today, 01:26 PM.

Fixed spelling. It was annoying me. "

:rotfl:

Edited by zippy
  • Like 1

I was there and each time we got to that section there was about 15-20 riders, but we just queued each lap. When we had finished I looked down at that section and saw that massive queue and was glad we had got it done!

We were stood at the butty van, and a couple of guys pulled up on bikes and I asked how they'd got on, they said they hadn't finished and still had to do that section 3 times! So I wonder if people had been missing it and hoping it would be quiet toward the end. There was quite a lot of queuing at other sections too. Was a really good day though, really enjoyed it!

I was there and each time we got to that section there was about 15-20 riders, but we just queued each lap. When we had finished I looked down at that section and saw that massive queue and was glad we had got it done!

We were stood at the butty van, and a couple of guys pulled up on bikes and I asked how they'd got on, they said they hadn't finished and still had to do that section 3 times! So I wonder if people had been missing it and hoping it would be quiet toward the end. There was quite a lot of queuing at other sections too. Was a really good day though, really enjoyed it!

Technically against the rules doing it 3 times and not once per lap.

• Like 4

You are always going to get queues,with 140 riders esp so.... But its really not fair on the observer if everyone misses the queue then goes back - he or she then gets stuck with a huge backlog when all the other observers are back at the carpark hopefully enjoying their well earned complimentary fish and chips with a hot drink.

I take a very dim view of section jumping - unless there is a darn good reason for it.(Struggling to think of any at the moment) Finding 10 people at the start of a trial who are willing to observe is a tough task,I try my best to look after them.

• Like 2

Technically against the rules doing it 3 times and not once per lap.

technically yes, but in practice it might not be best to enforce this one in this case to rigidly.

obviously is such cases one section is a "problem" that in future the CofC/club/etc would seek to remedy but on the day there is little else you can do (I suppose it varies between a multi-lap small piece of ground event versus a large 1 or 2 lap event). You might find that if the section was one that became easier as more people rode it (eg sand) than a rider who had to wait might feel they had legitimate ground for a protest putting the CofC in a tricky position ...

but having a 140 riders and a good trial, etc is a nice position to be in ...

We do get , unfortunately not this good an entry, riders who habitually "miss" sections which surprise surprise usually are the ones with tricky rocks or slimy stream sections then you see them doing the section 3 times when it's become more of a main road. Personally I think it's blatant cheating but unless someone protests I cant do much about it as if nobody does protest then the conclusion is everybody is happy about it happening. still think it's wrong though and I have had a quiet word with people about their behaviour from time to time.

Anyway great turnout for the club and credit due where it is most certainly deserved as they do put on good and popular trials.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

have to agree with everyone here skipping sections and riding them 3 times in a row to me anyways is a form of cheating as you could get lucky and find a nice line so just breeze it over and over again where as it could get chopped up pretty bad from other riders if ridden properly every lap. does seem alot of riders and more then i have ever seen with the trials i have ridden but i suppose times like that i would just chill out and wait your turn, and hopefully you dont get the kid on the 125 blipping it every 2 seconds infront of you haha

• 4 weeks later...