Heavy/stiff Clutch ?

cabby

sounds more like a problem at the lever end to me, bit of a coincidence that the pack finger height would need adjusting cos the bike has been dropped.

I would (if you havnt already) remove the small rubber boot and make sure the plunger pin is not bent or not seating in the piston correctly,

Also did pivot bolt get bent, is it binding on the nylon bushes in the lever, have you done it up toooo tight?

Good luck.

TLTEL

The finger height adjustment has been covered quite few times before, but it does sound unlikely that it is that to me, although never had a PRO myself.

T

hough I have no0 idea about the finger height, I tend to agree with waht you are saying about the problem being at the lever.

As for doing up too tight with the nylon bushes, that I can rule out cause I have had the lever in with and without those bushes in place, and also with just the pin threaded thru the lever with and without the nylock nut on.

As for doing up too tight with the nylon bushes, that I can rule out cause I have had the lever in with and without those bushes in place, and also with just the pin threaded thru the lever with and without the nylock nut on.

But how tight did you tighten the Threaded pin? the nylock nut is just to lock the pivot bolt so it does not loosen. You should be able to wiggle the lever up and down just a wee little bit.

Also, I would first adjust the lever position to fit the riders hand, (distance between grip and lever) After that, then adjust the pin in the lever that presses on the pin in the rubber boot that presses on the piston in the master cylinder. Again there should be a wee bit of a wiggle forward and back before the threaded pin touches the pin in the rubber boot.

if the clutch pack went out of spec because of a fall then my clutch would need to be changed every event/practice. :chairfall:

Having put the old lever back on and seen how it is, it now tells me that she has bought a cheap replacement lever, as oppososed an Apico one. Despite them looking similar, there is clearly some sort of minute difference that someone with bigger hands wouldn't really notice, although a tad stiffer, but put in the hands of someone with much smaller hands, and it's very noticable.

Will but an Apico clutch lever then take it from there but I suspect that is the issue.

I had the same thing yesterday. Changed out an Ajp new style to an old ajp. They made about 4 changes between levers. In the end I had to move the Master cylinder two inches to have a similar feel. Also a tight bushing will give a heavy feel.

• Like 1