I Had A Thought!

billyt

Axulsuv, that's a real nice Jaguar you've worked on there.

Atomant, and a clever 3d programme to show off your inventions .

As for me - learnt to ride age 9 on a Triumph Cub, First bike & trial Greeves Anglian in 1969.

Been an electro mechanical engineer for forty years.

Now back in Twinshock trials after thirty years, and loving it...

Cheers

Dave

Edited by pro sport
  • Like 1

Trials is similar to a nudist colony... nobody asks or cares what clothes you could have, would or should have worn

you turn up, you ride, you observe, you are surround by like minded people who love the sport, you don't get judged on any other aspect of your life.

its called freedom, and long may it last.

• Like 4

Axulsuv, that's a real nice Jaguar you've worked on there.

Atomant, and a clever 3d programme to show off your inventions .

As for me - learnt to ride age 9 on a Triumph Cub, First bike & trial Greeves Anglian in 1969.

Been an electro mechanical engineer for forty years.

Now back in Twinshock trials after thirty years, and loving it...

Cheers

Dave

Dave , thanks , that was a couple of years worth of bagging and tagging and reassembly . From the ground up......

• Like 1

I'm called Nick, am 45 and have been riding trials since 2003 on a Rev 3, with 4 years off until last year when some friends decided to start riding as it was cheaper than entering in 4WD winch challenge comps.

Bought an 250 Evo and loving it again.

Trade is Automation engineer in the milking industry, where the latest project is the control system hardware on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR5ZynOBUsI

• Like 1

I have loved motorcycles since my first ride at 11 yrs old (55 now). A neighbourhood mate got a centrifugal clutched mini-bike and was kind enough to give me a go up the street.

I have had a motorcycle in the shed since... selling papers and mowing enabled me to buy a second hand bike soon after my first ride.

Although no technical certification (rebuilt my first car engine at 15) I have played with cars and motorcycles as my main hobby and really need to "ride to live".

I have won 5 concourses... 3 for motorcycles and 2 for cars. I have prepped a mate's car paint to national concourse "best paint". I am a qualified paint correction technician to improve my paint presentation I dont do it for a living though.

I ride on the road (virtually every day) and have a trail bike I ride regularly off-road as well as the trials bikes.

I am doing my last car restoration (14 yrs now hehehehehe). A very original '72 corvette with matching numbers Big Block engine. As a younger lad I fanged a car around a few local race tracks, road raced (sprint practice days) a motorcycle and drag raced a road registered car for quite a few years.

My wife and I own a veterinary practice (25 years now) she is a gifted veterinary surgeon and although I'm the "rear of the horse" worked in the practice until the kids came along.

I am general dog's body (pun intended) to the practice... looking after the "goods and chattels" and my wife gets on technical medical stuff.

We have two girls, one at University doing last year of Engineering degree (bloody Engineers, hehehehe) the other in final year of school before heading to Uni of technology.

Mags (Anthony)

Edited by mags
  • Like 2

#12 and #13

My use of Chad Evans was simply an example of how posting even a valid point of view can result in unwarranted unpleasant responses, just as happened to Jess Ennis who expressed a different point of view.

Nigel your are right on this occasion, I have sons.

My long post (others have posted longer) was not meant as a lecture to anyone, but if some learnt of the pitfalls of being too open on the internet so much the better. I know of quite a few people (youngsters mostly) who have through ill judged posts on forums or face book made finding future employment much more difficult or even acquired criminal records for themselves or associates.

In addition to motorcycling I have some interest in conservation. I have taken part river improvement and fish stocking and had articles published on river pollution. If I were to apply for employment in this sector any association with off road motorcycling would be detrimental to my application.

Billyt#8. I have been interested in motorcycles all my life, and this dates back to watching Hailwood on his Honda 6. I have competed on both two wheels and four, made expert grade at trials, A group at MX and have won club level grass track.

I have worked in engineering all my life, including mechanical, construction, motor vehicle and off road. I am qualified as both a mechanical and motorcycle engineer.

#12 and #13

My use of Chad Evans was simply an example of how posting even a valid point of view can result in unwarranted unpleasant responses, just as happened to Jess Ennis who expressed a different point of view.

Nigel your are right on this occasion, I have sons.

Think youll find im right on every occasion. If people want to read the CHED evans thing and how dramatically far you are from reasonable views its here.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2843080/Sheffield-United-retract-decision-let-convicted-rapist-Ched-Evans-train-club.html

Some people can have several different identities under which they post, they then use those multiple identities to reinforce their point of view or indulge in covert advertising.

Maybe you should try that - at least you may find some posts agreeing with your point of view then

Im a Production / Design Engineer in Aerospace and a member of IMechE

I'm fairly new to the site but aren't Nigel and Dadof2 the same person? they both seem to be always right and spend a lot of time posting about which bike people "should" be riding. Has anybody seen them both in the same room together? Isn't that proof that they are the same person? I think it would be a great event to have them go head to head the next time Red Bull has a big extreme trials event in the UK.

Somewhat related, last week on one of our local forums one of the members looked another memeber's name up on the web and found out where he worked then actually called his work to let his employer know how he was acting on the forum... That forum was already going down hill because of the way the 2 members where behaving but that really was taking it too far IMO. I guess people can get carried away on all forums and I have had my share of backlash for stupid comments I have made. I now try very hard to be moderate in my on-line comments. There is enough hate in the world without bringing it into the sport we love, regardless of how passionate we are about it...

Just my early (Sunday) morning thought - off to church and then Trials practice with a few friends (sunny and 0C here today) :).

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by michael_t
  • Like 3