A Thought About Toni Bou's Suspension

dan williams

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that i have noticed about Bou is that he seems to go from the rear fender to the handle bars incredibly quick. He uses the whole bike when he moves. When I think i am doing something cool and then review the video I am only moving inches in comparison.

I think Bou moves more than any other rider which is why I think its all technique with him.

--Biff

• Like 5

In the end its a combination of factors offcoarse. Quality mechanics, great atlethes, superb techniques and practise.

i do know a lot can be done with suspension, and there are a lot of techniques that make ''smart'' suspension without electronics. (look at for e.g. dakar material)

Edited by crazybond700

I still believe that if a 1/4 of us was capable of 1/8 of what Bou can do , this would be a major sport ....He could most likely beat 99% of us on a honda trail 90 with bald tires. He is a phenom , period . And a nice guy too .

• Like 1

But, if a group of lets say 20 random people of arround 18-25, sporty, would get trial motorcycles and train with eachother everyday for a couple of hours, with a good trainer, there will be some that can become quite good.

Offcoarse you need tallent to be that good, but you can get to a certain high level with training.

Also the ones that might have the tallent might not even be motorcyclists...

I still always think I have an incredible tallent for curling, but I have not done it (yet). lol. :hyper:

• Like 1

When I was at the Nationals in Vermont (USA) I talked to (Bruce?) LaRaiche, who was riding a Sherco for Ryan Young at the time. (Do the math and figure out the year....I think the same year there was a problem with the cows and a few Europeans came to the US to compete and show us Americans that we have a lot to learn! Is there never going to be another Bernie Schreiber?) Anyhow, he told me that Ryan told him he needed to do the double hop thingy to get up the "Wall of Death". He also said it was very difficult to get the timing just right, start to hop too late and you're too close, hop too soon and you're too far away. He also said that when he did it right, it worked!

That's my 2 cents worth.

:o)

Edited by fulltilt

I still believe that if a 1/4 of us was capable of 1/8 of what Bou can do , this would be a major sport ....He could most likely beat 99% of us on a honda trail 90 with bald tires.  He is a phenom , period . And a nice guy too . 

I dont know about the fractions but what Bou does have is the overall best package as a bike.

He trains as hard as anyone from what we know and these two simple factors mean he is here for a while.

maybe he could beat us on some stuff on a 90 but i do think if you put him on Bustos or eddies bike he would probably fail the indoor sections where he is the only one to get up.

• Like 2