How Much Time Do You Dedicate To Trials?

fivebrick

Hi all, I started riding again after 25 years absents 4 years ago at 69 years young, and thought if I get one years riding in before it gets too much I'd be happy. However since that time [beta 250 zero, Sherco 200, and now 2012 Gas Gas 250, I have ridden two days a week, Sundays AM and Thursdays pm, give or take.

But we are spoilt for areas to ride. We had to name then so we know where to meet up. Sometimes its the Rocks, or Wheeler's, or Tin can gullies, The quarry, Stubby creek, Kentucky Duck, Flat Rock, and the Sandhill. And one more yet to have a look at. And if we want to drive to two hours there's more. 

So with so much to choose from its hard to leave alone.

Cheers Taff

Been riding trials for 6 months, currently 1 day of riding a week. The only thing limiting me getting on the bike more often is just the effort/cost it takes to get to a trials spot in my area. Otherwise I would be on the bike every other day! I just bought myself a trials pushbike to fill in that gap.  :hyper: Having free access to private property would be a dream and even better if I could just jump on the bike and ride around the yard. Sometime I just want to work on a certain technique for a few minutes but don't really want to spend 1 hour trucking out to a trials spot. 

Edited by jml

Probably ride about 50 club trials  year and about 20 plays plus I run about 20 trials so no bad going for a 52 year old.

Always have a 15 min play in the cul de sac if I service/wash the bike this will continue until I fall off in front of my neighbours. 

Sadly I,m slowly getting worse so all this playing is in vain.

However I did finish the Scottish having only ridden club trials for the last 7 years.

Been riding trials for 6 months, currently 1 day of riding a week. The only thing limiting me getting on the bike more often is just the effort/cost it takes to get to a trials spot in my area. Otherwise I would be on the bike every other day! I just bought myself a trials pushbike to fill in that gap.  :hyper: Having free access to private property would be a dream and even better if I could just jump on the bike and ride around the yard. Sometime I just want to work on a certain technique for a few minutes but don't really want to spend 1 hour trucking out to a trials spot. 

Can't you setup a few obstacles in your driveway for a few minutes?

I rarely ride trials, but ride my trials bike a fair amount.

I have 200 hours on it in about a year and a half.

The place I like best is quite like a trials event for the route- but I mostly try not to ever fall down.

Mark