Trials World

bdmc

I guess there must be quite a few guys out there with the same views as this chap...

"(& we are only interested in reading this for the 2-3 months of the year when new models are launched"... :P;);)

Horses for courses and all that but.....would any publication stand a chance if the buying public had the same views as Neils on wheels :D

Edited by Marky G

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont buy it 2-3 months just to see the new bikes thats just pointless , get it to read it, theres nothing wrong with the magazines in my case as its the only full YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE.

I think TC is by far the best trials website and Andy puts a huge amount of his own time and effort in making it such and the support being given to youth riders is commendable. However, I'll be honest, I cannot see me paying a subscription to TC and I'm sure there are a great many others out there who feel the same. This no way a reflection on the site but mainly down to the fact that I do not subscribe to any other websites.

If some form of finance is needed to help the site continue to be successful and grow, then more advertisers should be stumping up cash. Another trials website (not in this country) sells merchandise, t-shirts, caps, calendars have been mentioned and even customised helmets. I'm not saying this is the way to go but it is an option worth thinking about.

Also what happend with the idea about organised transport to overseas events, something I am very interested in.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a free lunch, you wouldn't pay for this site, I would. You would like the advertisers to psy fair enough. They sell products whose prices are fixed by simple economics, buy a product sell it for a profit which covers costs etc, who pays for the site you ARE already!

An oversimplification but near enough.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a free lunch, you wouldn't pay for this site, I would. You would like the advertisers to psy fair enough. They sell products whose prices are fixed by simple economics, buy a product sell it for a profit which covers costs etc, who pays for the site you ARE already!

An oversimplification but near enough.

good quote NB.

"A philosophy i've heard: It costs peanuts to set up a website, but costs

Edited by spud

In the meantime get subscribing to TRIALSPHOTOS.COM.

I know it's been said before, but,Andy does tons of work for this site, he's not looking to make anything himself and all profit goes to help support youth trials.

I think we have all become a little complacent with the service we get from this site. I get frustrated if WR results AND(top quality) photos arent posted within an hour or so of the event finishing. In addition almost every club event I ride in has results up which can be got at via TC. (Darwen, Bolton, Bradford, Richmond, Y&G)

OR dont complain if trials fizzles out!

Rant over.

I have read through all the comments relating to the demise of trialsworld, and i am saddened to see that it hasn't lasted.

Although i do agree with many comments, trials riders are tight, who wants to read about the 12th man in the wtc etc etc.

But one thing that i can never understand (this includes tmx aswell) they always run features on the top lads, and regularly put there pictures in, which is great. But what about club lads, the lads that make the sport what it is! give them some credit, we have all seen pictures of james dabill, dougie, grimbo etc (and even me on my a***/head) but what about the real lads who crave for just one mention in a club report, or a picture in the famed tmx, i have been there as a young lad, waiting with baited breath to see if i had got a mention in fridays tmx.

I know not everyone can be covered, as thats impossible, but how about focussing on the grass roots element.

I know loads of lads desperate for a famed picture in tmx (they'd even pay for it!!!)

Well thats my two penneth worth.

When myself and a group of friends used to occassionally get a first or second class award, many moons ago, we all used to have a look at T&MX to see if they'd managed to get our names correct. Most of the time they had't.

I can see in the future when I'm an old grandad sat round the fire showing the grandkids my cuttings. And they'll say, 'but grandad your not called David, Derrick, Demitrius, Damien' ......etc etc

I can see in the future when I'm an old grandad sat round the fire showing the grandkids my cuttings. And they'll say, 'but grandad your not called David, Derrick, Demitrius, Damien' ......etc etc

Just show them your vid of "Booze Britain" :rolleyes:

Being serious for a mo, I'm watching this thread with great interest and there's a lot of good stuff coming out of it. It's certainly thrown up some ideas. At the end of the day it's YOUR site. This is the best topic for me learning what folk think that there's been. It's just unfortunate how the topic arose in the first place.

Iam very p--ed off, This is the second time that somebody has published a decent YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE,Only to be discontinued after a few months surley it hasnt had time to get established.I realised it costs a vast amount of money but surley in the long run it would be worth it.The last mag was in italian also called trial world in 1992 to 1993, It was bi-monthly. I have 9 of these the pictures in these are outstanding . I now have 6 triales worlds to put in the loft. Sorry for the moan.

Yours the man in the silly hat

Seems a pity it wasn't given at least a full year to get established. I'm sure a lot of subscriptions to Trialsworld would have been bought as christmas and birthday presents if it had been given a bit longer. Dark evenings help sales of publications like this. Seems very strange to pull the plug so soon.

mark t.

You want to advertise TC on booze Britain because the amount of people who recognize me from being on the programme is unbelievable. Considering I was on for about 5 seconds. The power of television. :rolleyes:

Just imagine if I had beeen wearing a TC t-shirt. :unsure:

Edited by Cota Kid

How many would subscribe to TC if they had to ? 50 ? 100 ? or more to the point how many folks have subscribed to the Trials photos website ?.....subscription would be the death of the site in my eyes, I myself only come on here to read the forum, I don't bother with the front page or even the pics.

I'm not bothered about world rounds or what DL or any other top boys are up to,

Fair play to Andy for all his efforts etc and I know alot of the younger riders on here want to know about that kind of stuff......but how many would really cough up if they had to?