Gas gas identification

Teddydanson

I’ve just purchased a gas gas. It’s 1999 model? My question is what model is it? The plastics say it’s a 280 but I’ve got the v5

T Reg but it says it’s a 258cc on the v5

znd help would be great full and then I can try and find a manual do I know what oil amounts and so on

thanks for any help and advice

Thankyou all for you’re replys? The manual is a greT help.. ive got the v5c/2 part of the v5, but I’m sure that this is his copy and not what I send in. I’m not to bothered, it just to get the full log book in my name. 

The vin tag on the headstock has a gouged out of it as the headlight bulb has rubbed on the plate. 

Edited by Teddydanson

I'm glad the manual link was useful.

If you've bought the bike then the seller has to post off the main / front page of the V5, and you should just have the little green slip.  If you got the whole V5 then just fill out the "inside cover" yourself and post it in without telling anyone ;)

Is it just a little bit of the vin rubbed off?  Because if it's more than a little bit that could cause you problems - when riding green lanes it's not *that* unusual for police to check a bike is properly legal, and a fully / mostly scrubbed VIN number could be a problem.

The 1999 model 258cc was called a 270. It changed in 2000 where it was called 280. In 2002 the TXT pro was released alongside the old TXT which was now called the Edition. The pro had a different frame and engine. The main difference between the 99 TXT and 2000 TXT was that the 99 had a rear subframe and the 2000 did not. To fit this the rear mudguard/seat on the 2000 was in 2 pieces where as the 99 was one complete unit. Hope that helps

It’s just the last couple of digits or numbers... it’s got 90% I’ve git a picture but pointless sending. I thinks it just one letter or number... he’s sending me the v5 now as he told me that I send the little slip off? But I didn’t realise that we both have to sign it. And I keep the v5c/2 for temp proof. 

Ive put the reg in online and it’s coming up as it is ? Model, engine cc, and colour

It is already registered. If you don't tax it or SORN it then you are committting an offence - I assume the previous owner will now have given your name to DVLA ?

Always best not to upset DVLA - you don't want a visit and have them find what else you may have in the garage.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke