Converting 300 2023 gas gas txt to 250

Nedly

I purchased a 2023 300 Gas Gas txt Gp in the USA. Is it possible to covert it to a 250 by putting on a 250 cylinder, head and piston on it. My issue with the bike is it has to much compression for me to start it. I can start it but during the course of a trials event it it wears me out. I’m a 66 year old intermediate rider that weighs 150. Im not concerned about power, I just want to make it easier to kick. I would b open to any other suggestions like a low compression head etc…. 

Not sure myself on if it can be converted but I would expect at the latest you can get a low compression head/insert.  hopefully someone else knows the exact answer.

@Nedly S3 PARTS Spain make a head and low compression insert for your bike it costs £153.00 in the UK I think you should  find S3 parts for sale in the USA at a Trials dealer , if you cannot find it then go to www.trialendurodirect.com in the UK.

21 minutes ago, Tr1AL said:

@Nedly S3 PARTS Spain make a head and low compression insert for your bike it costs £153.00 in the UK I think you should  find S3 parts for sale in the USA at a Trials dealer , if you cannot find it then go to www.trialendurodirect.com in the UK.

Theres no need to buy the complete inner and outter parts. AFAIK the s3 insert fits the standard 2023 style outter part. Id doubly check though. The inner part retails for around £60

Edited by faussy

3 minutes ago, faussy said:

Theres no need to buy the complete inner and outter parts. AFAIK the s3 insert fits the standard 2023 style outter part. Id doubly check though. The inner part retails for around £60

Makes sense , S3 have been making the cylinders , front pipes for GASGAS for years , these days I have to be careful what I assume as every one these days seems to be seeking ways to have less compatibility of products. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 12:47 PM, Nedly said:

I purchased a 2023 300 Gas Gas txt Gp in the USA. Is it possible to covert it to a 250 by putting on a 250 cylinder, head and piston on it. My issue with the bike is it has to much compression for me to start it. I can start it but during the course of a trials event it it wears me out. I’m a 66 year old intermediate rider that weighs 150. Im not concerned about power, I just want to make it easier to kick. I would b open to any other suggestions like a low compression head etc…. 

You are wasting your time. Sell it and buy a Beta 200 or a 250.

Thanks all. The bike starts, just take a lot of energy. I did learn a good trick to start it. Put it first gear, roll it back then pull in the clutch and kick. Seems easier to kick and probably starts 9 out of 10 times on first kick. Before this I would look for a tree to lean on so I could give it a solid kick. Now I start it like a normal rider. Probably going to a lower compression head. But not afraid to explore all options. 

I would be interested in whether you find it much easier to start with a lower compression head or insert. Mine was a pain in the ass to start (280) until I learned the sharp fast kick required. 

I had the same issue with my 2023 Gasgas 250. It was an absolute pain to start. The piston has to be in the right position and you need the leg of a rhino to start it. Wore me out fast. My solution was to put a 1mm head spacer on it to lower the compression. It’s very easy to do and cost me about $25 to do it. It’s a different bike now. I got the head spacer from Trial Enduro Direct https://trialendurodirect.com/product/gg-pro-model-cylinder-head-spacer/?v=7516fd43adaa. It costs £12.75 and shipping to me in the USA was about another $12. I love it because it’s a lot less expensive than the S3 low compression kit and it worked. Good luck!

• Like 1