Sporting High Points And Low Points Of 2006

cota kid

Highpoints

1. MFC win against FC Basle in UEFA Cup

2. MFC win against Steau Bucharest in the UEFA Cup Semi Final.

3. Getting a 4RT.

4. Dougie winning the Scott.

5. Spanish WTC Round 1.

6. Polish WTC

7. Andorra WTC

8. Hawkstone WTC.

9. Going to Germany during the World Cup and the great atmosphere.

10.Watching the emerging GB talent at the WTC, Dabill, Browny, Wiggy etc.

11. MFC win against Man Utd in the Premiership.

12. The Ashes. What a fight back!

Low Points

1. Englands poor footballing performance in the World Cup. :wacko:

2. The UEFA Cup Final and MFC losing comprehensive to Seville. Great day out though. :)

3. England vs Macedonia. Boring.

4. Dougie not achieving an eight WTC or his 100 WTC win. (Next year)

5. English Rugby.

6. The Ashes. I think the team should come home now!

7. DJ Denzil not winning the Scott at his first attempt.

Edited by Cota Kid

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as high points go you've missed out the most impoortant one for you....

Gareth and the Smoggie squad brown-nosing ther way to letting Mr. Southgate remain in charge even though he's not qualified to cross the road.

You wouldn't find that happening at St. James's...ahem.. :wacko:

High points

Englands poor footballing performance in the World Cup.

Surely you haven't forgot about Scotland winning the Elephant Polo World Cup have you? After all its a national holiday North of the Border.

Ham2,

Sorry I missed one other highpoint. Newcastle making Middlesbrough look good.

Perce,

I hope that that money has been put to good use in Swaledale. Have all the children now got shoes and has each class now got a pencil?

Low Points

1. Englands poor footballing performance in the World Cup. :)

Haven't you learned by now that England football players are a bunch of over-payed, over-hyped and over-groomed softies who never get any further than the quarter final of any competition :wacko:

Knob!

England's performance in the Ashes has been criminal, its obvious the team should remain in Australia after the series.

I would have liked to say its only 1 out of a 5 match series, but we have been so utterly and comprehensively humiliated I can't see us winning a test never mind retaining the Ashes. I'm afraid I haven't jumped off the cricket bandwagon I've been catapulted off it.

I sincerely hope I'm made to look a total fool regarding the above statement. To come out fighting after the humiliation of the first test shows the real character of the team. I hope the series is as good as when we won the Ashes in 2005

Edited by Cota Kid

Low Points

Haven't you learned by now that England football players are a bunch of over-payed, over-hyped and over-groomed softies who never get any further than the quarter final of any competition :wacko:

Knob!

What's all that about? you're from Scotland ! :)

Low Points

Knob!

What's all that about? you're from Scotland ! :)

he's RAF posted overseas :D

I used to be vehmently anti-football but in recent years I've kinda started to appreciate the skill involved at the top levels of the sport and now I actually quite enjoy international matches (although league games still bore me to tears and I have absolutely no interest in playing myself.)

I think the thing that still turns me off the game is the blatant cheating that seems to go on all the time and the fact that players and managers whine and stamp their feet like spoiled little children whenever something doesn't go their way. Football-loving friends of mine assert that tactics such as deliberate diving etc. are all part of the modern game but (rightly or wrongly) I just don't see it like that.

And now the sport pages of the papers are full of sharp-suited blokes called Brian or surnames that end in "ich" bleating loudly about how the referee was an idiot and how he was favouring the other team and how they're going to appeal that second half penalty and take legal advice, waaah waaah i'm telling my mum on you etc. etc. WTF is all that about? What happened to the referee's decision being final? Isn't that what assistant referees are for? If ALL the referees agree, it must be some vast conspiracy theory, right? Legal advice?? It's a bloody sport!!! Get a grip people! The only people who benefit from this kind of crap are the bloodsucking lawyers (with apologies to any bloodsucking lawyers reading this... in fact "nice work if you can get it, eh lads?" and "lend me a tenner" :lol: )*

Oops. Turned into a bit of a rant. Like I said, I do appreciate football but HONESTLY....

Back on subject: How about Schumacher's drive in Brazil for a high point? And his following retirement for a low? And before someone says "how can you call football boring when you watch F1?" it's a case of horses for courses and was kinda the point I was trying to make.

* On review, I know this kind of thing happens in world trials but I think to a much lesser extent. Some rider goes off on one, chucks a strop, has a go at the observer, the CoC gets involved, sets things straight and the rider moves on. I've never heard of an observing decision being officially taken outside the confines of the event (to the FIM appeals court for example), although now I've said that no doubt I'll be proven wrong.

Edited by neonsurge