What 2 Stroke Oil Do You Use

wonder boy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Silkoline comp 2 pre mix at 40-1 with pump premium. The air cooled bikes need more oil or the rod bearings tend to go out or piston siezure. Technically that's too much oil for the modern trials bikes, but I run all my bikes (and chainsaw, weedwhacker etc) from the same can. I tried race gas and the 2 stroke Mont hesitated in cold weather. It actually flamed out on a big climb and caused a crash. I recomend using race gas only when the weather is HOT.

I have many bottles of 2T oil, shell, castrol etc but the oil I am using at the moment in my 1971 Bultaco Sherpa is 1970s Duckhams! If it was good enough when new its good enough now, but when it runs out think it will be onto the Castrol.

Well this TTS is popular maybe obviously that speaks loads for the product but not being one too follow the mould I think i`m gonna support our local REPSOL dealer from now on :D top guy much much better than any Castrol rep i`ve met :D

Barry

I'm not sure how long a relationship you'll have with the dealer. I tried REPSOL along with a mate of mine (both GG) and the bike just didn't like it. PJ1 was also pretty poor.

I've tried plenty to other oils and they were all OK. I now use Mobil 1 2T. It is great at 80:1 and is good for a lot thinner. F1 technology you know.

No one has mentioned castrol 747

it smells like castriol R but it is a bit expensive

i use it in all my twostrokes,but my trialer is now a fourbanger,no more mixing,yippey.

lots of old boys used to ask what oil i was burning,nostalgia in a bottle

TTS for sure, wouldn't use anything else, my son uses belray MC1 but it never looks like its mixed enough...... two engine seizers on his Beta doesn't enstile confidence in me either.

Had some Motorex given to me when I bourght a SY250, I found that to leave an oily residue in the exhausts!!

Quick one for Barry I don't care how nice my supplier is, I don't buy that much oil to warrant a personality contest, in fact I ride a Scorpa 175 now so i'll shut up :xmas:

Mind you if a geogeous blond with outstanding H :):D ters said that BP lawn mower 2T was the way to go I might be persuaded!!!!!

Mind you if a geogeous blond with outstanding H :xmas::D ters said that BP lawn mower 2T was the way to go I might be persuaded!!!!!

Funny you should say that Austini,this is my neighbour and she told me that the best oil is ...................................I forgot the brand,.....no matter.....Oh yeh oil,.......she told me the best oil is in her garage, so I try to get a bit off her at least once a week..... She assures me its works with two strokes or four strokes or six strokes or eight strokes,low smoke and certainly reduces friction at high speed as well, so good luck ,hope you end up using BP lawn mower 2T, you can see why I changed. :)

post-775-1165991965.jpg