Should We Pull Our Troops Out?

gizza5

Well Markie Boy,

You started a "Good One There" I will let some of you fellow trials rider out there know what us serving soldiers think, having know spent probably 4 1/2 years out of 22 years service on operations, but i must watch what I say, because we don't do political Sh-t in the Forces or I might need one of you civi's to give me a job (

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I left 8 years ago now after nearly 15 years. Truth was I just couldn't afford to stay in. It was the start of the 'busy period' which seems to have just escalated since then. As a single bloke going away on ops was great. As a married bloke, it was still great :D but with kids it got grim, and I suddenly realised that I could get paid more outside.

It really is a great foundation for a kid. I joined at 16 and never looked back. Who knows, I could have stuck around Teeside and turned in to Cota Kid ;)

I think the numbers go something like this - 6000 people left the forces last year - 4000 people joined the forces last year. That can't go on.

I was never a great fan of National Service. It's got the potential to drag down the general level of the rest of the Army. The fact that everyone is a volunteer keeps the standards up to a certain extent. Same with the T.A. It's much better than many people give it credit for, and that doesn't stem from any loyalty, I've never been involved with them other than training them on exercise.

My view, keep the recruitment policies the same, pay them fairly (i.e. more than currently) and keep our troops out of dead loss countries who don't want to help themselves. That way they can still have a real life as well as the visits to war zones.

Knew a friend in the TA a while ago,im pretty sure he said if he got called up to fight the army paid him whatever he was getting paid in his civilian job.

Don't think alot of the guy's who joined the TA expected to get called up to fight.Think the TA number's are dropping aswell.

My mate's son left the marine's a couple of year's ago,soon has he got out he joined one of those security company's out in iraq,now he's earning silly money.

Edited by bilco

Nowt wrong with Teesside, Middlesbrough was voted worst place to live in the UK by Channel 4 so we must be doing something right.

Aye, ******* about in a war zone must be easy street compared to the harsh realities of life on Teesside.

Nowt wrong with Teesside, Middlesbrough was voted worst place to live in the UK by Channel 4 so we must be doing something right.

Aye, ******* about in a war zone must be easy street compared to the harsh realities of life on Teesside.

Times are so tough on Teesside they are thinking of organising a time and observation trial with the money raised going towards local charities.

Times are so tough on Teesside they are thinking of organising a time and observation trial with the money raised going towards local charities.

I've probably told you this before but did you know that the original benefactor of the Scott charities was St Dunstans I think we still should give them something. Also how many other sports governing bodies do not allow competiton on Armistice Day? Long may it continue.

post-2-1192648596.jpg