Toolbox

nigel dabster

At some point all of my toolbox has been taken over by a varying degree of bent and snapped levers (Obviously not mine someone must be playing a trick on me :D )I think I may even have one straight one in there! Really must have a sort out and find out were all the tools have gone though? All I can find is rim protectors a C spanner and many a allen key

EVERYTHING, except what is needed at the moment!

Did I tell you that you are supposed to use the tools BEFORE the trial! Cannot recall how many i have seen trying to change tires and lube the linkage AT a trial!

Oh, amost forgot the nails, tha gasser guys always seem to need them when their footrests are falling off, I sell them for a DOLLAR! :D

125 Scorpa riders beware, Nigel wants to "lube y'er cable"!

```` ;)

Edited by copemech

Two things trials specific I have is the beeders (mentioned lots before I know) and a cable oiler those little aluminium things which you squirt down wd 40 or similar to oil cables.

For gas gas I have a ground down 19 for the brake pivot.

WHYG?

What's the other 3 tonnes of crap in there for then?

special tools, not all carried to trials.

flywheel puller, clutch/sprocket holding tool, chain breaker, assorted odd thin and bent 10mm for rear brake rod adjustment, brake syringes, couple of the yamalube cable lube tools, long special tools made for disassembling fork internals, 4-5-6-8 mm helicoils, thread restoring files,

k

8" length of 20mm diameter ground shafting, used to knock out the wheel bearings with the aluminum spacer.

2" length of 2-1/2" tubing to support wheel when knocking out those bearings

42mm diameter tubing to install bearings

2' length of 1-1/2" ABS pipe fork seal driver

Angle grinder with cut-off wheel to open up trailer (after keys locked inside)

Bultaco clutch holding tool made from vice grip clamp

Bultaco flywheel puller bodged up from pipe union and nut

Bultaco transmission fill pipe made from copper pipe

Mr Clean Magic Eraser...does amazing job cleaning up unpainted Montesa fender...(note to self: use magic eraser on scorecard next trial)

• Adjustable Spanners
  • Full set of Screwdrivers
  • Fluke Multimeter
  • 6mm dome head stainless bolts
  • 6mm nyloc and standard nuts
  • assortment of metric bolts/nuts
  • cable ties - large/small
  • cable connectors
  • super glue
  • brake/clutch levers
  • spark plugs
  • chain link's

Short length of electrical wire with connectors either end to by-pass thermostat on the rad, should the fan fail to come on.

Long cable tie just thicker than a brake disc, slip between the pads when refitting wheels to keep pads apart, once the disc is lined up and part way in, slide it out.

Most tools for most jobs until I bought my new gasser. How dare they change the thread on the flywheel puller !!!!!! I've already got 6 different types and none of them fit, suppose I'll need to add to the collection again.....

On the subject of threads, I've just added a selection of Timesert thread repair inserts available from Wurth. Much better than helicoil if anyone's interested ?

Happy spannering :D