brian r

Do you believe in Ghosts  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Ghosts

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Hi,

A pal of mine has 7 brothers/sisters, youngest is 40+ now.........and through the years I got to meet all of them. The subject of ghosts came up a few times with at least 3 of them and quite separately (i.e. at different times).

When the 1st told me of their childhood family antics with ghosts/poltergeists I laughed it off....................but when some months later the 2nd told me the same stories and more........and then the 3rd.............you get the picture, I was surprised.

Also, they were never eager to relate the stories to me, it was all just a matter of fact and as if everyone experiences these things.

Couple of quick stories from them, all when the 8 kids were aged 5 to 15. The family home out in the country:-

1. Most of the family all sat watching Tv.......ornament on mantle above fire slides from one side to another.

2. Some of the kids playing in make shift car garage.......could hear sound of horses hoof's, happened a few times............later on the father is told that years ago horses were kept in that "garage".

3. House was long and narrow with long corridor down one side, bedroom on the other in a row. Whilst in the house quite often would see dark figure of person outside the window....kids would run down corridor and open door of next bedroom and see person pass that window......and so on down about 4 bedrooms......then outside where they would run round back of house and......nobody there.

4. Three of the boys shared a bedroom...........sometimes in the dark one of the boys would always complain one of the other boys was sitting on his legs. Lights on, other boys tucked up in their own beds.

As the family got to know their neighbours they were told that the local community were somewhat surprised somebody had moved into the suspected haunted..............old monastry cottage.

Ian.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pal of mine has 7 brothers/sisters, youngest is 40+ now.........and through the years I got to meet all of them.

I think I hear what you're saying you dirty dirty man. Good effort, but you ain't going to heaven brotha! :D

Ain't i the unlucky one.

I've seen 1,

And felt the presence of 1,my mate just moved into an old house so i went round one night to visit him,i went to take a slash,i got to the top of the stairs and made it to the toilet to do my thing,then i heard some noise coming from the bedroom at the end of the hall,**** you don't ever wanna feel what i felt,could'nt get down the stair's quick enough,i asked my mate who's in the bedroom at the end of the hall no one he replied,so i said well you've gotta ghost then,he's Mrs freaked out,anyway in the morning my friend went round the neighbours to ask them about the house,it turn's out a little girl of 5 years of age died in the house of a serious illness some years ago,3 year's on my friend's daughter of 3 an a half years of age died in the house of a serious illness.They moved out the house shortly after.

Trust me there's **** going on that we don't no about.

Give us a discription of the 1 you seen.

Give us a discription of the 1 you seen.

I saw this one when me and an old girlfriend slept the night at her sister's house,we went to bed the Ex fell asleep straight away whilst i was laying wide awake for about an hour looking upto the ceiling,for some reason i glanced over to the wall on my Ex's side of the bed and saw a woman standing there looking down on us,she was wearing a long white dress that covered the whole of her body except her face which was white but very pretty,her hair was also white very long and straight,she was a very clear image,i crapped myself and dived under the bed cover's after gathering myself back up after a few second's i took a second look but she was gone..From what i understand the white ghosts are the friendly one's.

I looked back on the history of the land where the sister's house was built,there used to be a big house on the land surrounded with tree's.Two young sweethearts lived there,however her sweetheart got called up to fight in the first world war,well he never made it back she was heartbroken and hung herself on one of the tress's,the house was knocked down and the land cleared to build a housing estate on it some years after.

I can understand why people don't believe in ghost's why should they if they hav'nt experianced them,i never believed before these two.

Not to sure why peeps go looking for them either once you've seen or experianced there prescence there allway's in your head.

Strange ,mysterious things do happen but it's a huge leap in logical thought from something peculiar/odd to a complete world of the deceased coming back to visit the living or aliens. :D

But people believe what they want to believe.

For example :-

This is a true story.

One very cold night at the end of the year me and a few friends were gathered together at an old stone-built hotel in our area.

It wasn't very long before strange things began to happen.

Despite the heating failing,we suddenly became unaware of the cold,we developed problems talking coherently,our ability to balance was seriously impared,things (glasses and bottles) started flying around by themselves.

Suddenly it was morning and I could not account for the loss of about 4 hours of the previous night.I had ended up 1 year ahead in time.

My friends had been mysteriously transported home with no explanation or recollection of the journey ever taking place.

I found my shirt had ectoplasm all down the front of it and the contents of my export label vodka had evaporated ? !

Bizarre or what?

These programs where medium's contact the dead always amuse me.

You never tend to hear anything that the poor family didn't already know.

I'm not saying these mediums are fakes. What I am saying is consider these two possibilities:

1. The medium is speaking to the dead person, who is now either cremated and in a pot, or buried 6 foot under in a cemetery miles away.

2. The medium is picking up on electrical energy from the family member who is stood right next to him.

The brain is full of electrical pulses. There is almost nothing electrical or electronic which doesn't have some kind of emissions. We don't understand it yet, but you've got to look at the likelihood of each of these.

One of them is a one in a billion chance at best. The other is a fair possibility.

Here's a tenuous link from WW2(apologies if I've mentioned this before)....The witch and HMS Barham.

This was the reason the medium Helen Duncan was jailed under the 200 year old Witchcraft act.

She supposedly ,during a seance,identified and conversed with a dead sailor from the Barham.

The weird thing was that the admiralty had not yet released the fact that the Barham had been sunk.

The reason for secrecy was that the U-boat U331 Capt.( Von Tiesenhausen) had acted in such a panic that he couldn't be sure which ship he had torpedoed and whether it had sunk ( we had broken the Nazi communication codes at the time),so for strategic reasons,if the Nazis weren't sure the Admiralty wasn't about to confirm it.

The sinking of the Barham reads like a copy of the old 'Victor' comic.

Von Tiesenhausen,luckily (for him), upped his periscope right in the middle of a flottilla of half a dozen British warships and fired off 4 tin-fish in a fan spread towards the nearest ship,the Barham.

The first torpedo was a dud or missed the bow(thank God....i'll explain later)but the other three hit home.

Von tiesenhausen lost his trim and the new bouyancy brought U331 to the surface(what an amateur), too close to the flottilla for them to bring a gun down to bear on him..luck,lucky b45tard.

In the attached video it is just possible to make out the sailors clinging to the side of the hull before the magazine goes up,those lucky enough to get in the sea 1st when they slid down the hull sustained appalling injuries from the barnacles.

My grandad John McHugh was a loader in No 1 turret.He survived ( but had to have the fuel oil pumped out of him) he said; because the 1st torpedo failed to go off...so if it had hit the likelyhood is that I wouldn't be typing this?

As for his opinion on Helen Duncan,he thought that it was a security compromise nothing more,nothing less...no ghost.

There, that was my first serious post in a long time.

Edited by HAM2

As far as God, it's Faith, people. If you PROVE it it's no longer faith, is it.

I'm probably not going to talk an non believers into believing,( I wish I could)you just need to take your chances.

The "Ghost Hunters" show is a little different than all the rest. They do their best to disprove

any strange things. What they are left with makes a person wonder. The group is "TAPS", maybe

you've heard of them under that name.

As far as God, it's Faith, people. If you PROVE it it's no longer faith, is it.

I'm probably not going to talk an non believers into believing,( I wish I could)you just need to take your chances.

The trouble is Faith is the only argument against logic or probability.

Where does the phrase Blind Faith come from? Is it apt?

I have to admit there's no argument against someone with faith, because no matter how compelling the argument, nor how unlikely their theory, faith is the answer to everything and it can't be argued against.

Faith - I'm going to believe it because I want to and nobody is going to make me believe anything else. It's a wonderful tool of the church, and I believe one of the most dangerous things in the world.

P.S. Brian - I'm a long term convert after being brainwashed as a kid, and love the religious banter, so don't take this as an attack. I'm still in the minority I know (of those that admit it) :-)

P.P.S. But hopefully we'll evolve away from religion while there's still something left of the world :D