Which Van Do You Use?

trial_master

Which van  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which van do you think is best for performance and will still carry atleast one trials bike

• Transit connect SWD
    • Transit Connect LWB
    • Combo
    • Partner
    • Expert
    • Other - please state below

I've a vw caddy sdi the gasser fits in on the diagonal with the bulkhead fitted and there's still space for all the gear plus it goes well for a donkey, i'd plump for an L200 or navara etc rather than a van :D

I'm told L200 have engine problems at approx 30K miles.

I'm told L200 have engine problems at approx 30K miles.

Sorry dude you have been misinformed, my 2004 L200 has 96K on the clock.

There were, I believe, cylinder head issues on 2002-03 models which in most cases were fixed under warranty.

Bit too much of a generalisation to say all have this problem :D

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting point:

Just heard today that some insurers are not happy to insure van drivers under 21 years of age! Worth checking this out if you are under 21 and thinking of buying a van. I've just had the renewal for my van with son as named driver and the premium has shot up a staggering 52% on last year's premium and that is with no claims whatsoever!!!

Big John

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, im a new member here, regards the van topic i currently have a 110 HP long wheel base high roof transit connet LX (2007), it will take two bikes im sure, if i get chance i will try it this week end and take a photo. Regards performence it should have a safety notice fitted as it pulls like a train!!! and gives around 35-40 to the gallon. I use it to pull a caravan whilst carrying my C15 trials and its no bother and manages with ease. Hope this is of some help to some of you?

Regards BSA Weezer.

• 2 weeks later...

nope, the heavier the rain, the cleaner the bike!

seriously though, i use the truck for work too and most of my mates with vans have to clear a space if they want to carry anything, as the bed of a truck isn't secure you can't use it for storage hence it's always empty and ready for work. other than that i just got a thing about trucks! (i did have a marina pick-up once with a roll bar and triumph stag alloys..... i can't help it, i thought it was cool!!!)

nope, the heavier the rain, the cleaner the bike!

seriously though, i use the truck for work too and most of my mates with vans have to clear a space if they want to carry anything, as the bed of a truck isn't secure you can't use it for storage hence it's always empty and ready for work. other than that i just got a thing about trucks! (i did have a marina pick-up once with a roll bar and triumph stag alloys..... i can't help it, i thought it was cool!!!)

I know what you mean, remember the marina 1'8tc coversion that was featured in C & CC?

My first love was the good old morris 1000, soon to take pride of place in the dabster batcave, but I've a long long way to go before I catch BJ though

This looks like the sort of thing I'll be after:

Transit LPG

I've put it on here as I'm not really ready to buy one yet, but it looks like an ideal trials chariot, especially with the LPG conversion.

I could do with making sure I've still got a job in a few months before I get another vehicle.

There's a SWB version for sale nearer to home for me, also LPG - I need to have a measure up to see if I can squeeze a couple of seats in the back of a SWB and still get 2 bikes in. Anybody know?

Anybody got any negatives to throw in for these?