Which Van Do You Use?

trial_master

Which van  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which van do you think is best for performance and will still carry atleast one trials bike

• Transit connect SWD
    • Transit Connect LWB
    • Combo
    • Partner
    • Expert
    • Other - please state below

As you may all ready know from my other post in this section, i am looking to buy a small van that will accomodate a trials bike (06 Sherco 290). But it is one to use as a car as i dont need it for work. Therfore it needs to be reasonably nippy. I have ruled out the 75PS Connects as they are very slow, but i need to have a go in the 90PS to see what that performs like.

Which vans do you lot use that are pretty nippy? I have up to

look at what you are asking. you want a van sized vehicle purely to carry your trials bike. on balance you'll move your bike one /twice a week. the rest of the week you'll presumabley want to drive around in the thing.

buying a van involves adding vat to the selling price and to be frank if your looking at spending 3k then it'll have have humped a lot of stuff in its time.

my personal preference would be http://www.whatcar.com/car-review-full.aspx?RT=558 you'll get a nice condition one for your 3 - 4 k it will take your bike in the back as its just the van with nice seats and during the week its a decent enough car. insurance is cheaper for the car version too.

one click on ebay and i found this... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-06-PEUGEOT-PART...A1%7C240%3A1318

would you find an 06 van so cheap clean and tidy.. no...

Edited by totalshell
  • Like 1

Highly recommend the high power Connect van for drive-ability, not sure about bike carrying mind only did courier work in mine. The Peugeot Partner / Citroen Berlingo are ok little vans, beware the low power ones. We have the basic ones at work and they are very poor, not sure what engines (think a 1.4) we have but sometimes we'd be better setting a sail on the roof!

I'm the same as jsygasgas, i use a fiat doblo. It's a pretty standard model but still pretty nippy. I can fit my 07 Gas Gas in very nicely on the diagnal. Front wheel to the left front corner back wheel to the back right corner. Still has room for tool box, box of spares, stand, spare wheel(s), boots and other things. Only thing is, can't figure out how to fit 2 in the back. Pictures of that would be good!!!

Thanks for all the replys.

I am only 22 and selling an Astra VXR to buy the van. It will be my main form of transport. I decided on a van as i want to buy a house within the next year or so that will probably need a bit of work doing on it, so the van would come in very handy there. I will also use the van for carrying a trials bike.

I used to have a trailer, but i dont have anywhere to store one now, and after one summer of using a tow bar rack i have been well and truely put off them, so a van is the only real option.

As im coming from such a fast car i would like a fast ('ish) van. The 2 seater part is not realy a problem for me so i wouldnt like that partner 5 seater. Thanks for the idea anyway

Even if a van is second hand, is there still VAT to pay? what about when i come to sell the van, will i have to pay vat? and if so, how/who do i pay? (i am not self employed)

Cheers

Ryan

Even if a van is second hand, is there still VAT to pay? what about when i come to sell the van, will i have to pay vat? and if so, how/who do i pay? (i am not self employed)

You can expect to pay Vat if you buy new or used from a dealer. You won't be able to charge Vat when you sell it but that doesn't mean you can't try to sell it for more money...

Well times are hard.

If you realy want a van go to the dealer wave the notes in he's face and say i'll take that one but i need you to knock the VAT off the price and see if he wants to deal,if not go on to the next dealer,it's always worth a try.

I've a vw caddy sdi the gasser fits in on the diagonal with the bulkhead fitted and there's still space for all the gear plus it goes well for a donkey, i'd plump for an L200 or navara etc rather than a van :D