Very Heavy Duty Stapler Required

gasgas249uk

Does anyone have any experience of any relly heavy duty stapler guns that may be suitable for upholstering a seat.

Not mickey mouse - not focus , b and q diy jobs

I need to firmy fix metal staples into plastic and ive tried 3 fairly good staplers and they are not up to the job.

The staples bend and the is not enough power.

Air stapler ?

Electric stapler

Any recommendations from experience?

Hi Ive recovered a couple of seats on my lads MX bike, the only thing that will drive the staples into a plastic base is a compressed air gun, its probaly cheaper to get an upholsterer to do it ( it would only take them 5 mins ) than to go out and buy a gun

OXBOY

Can't you glue it to the plastic?

Nope , wont hold , when stretched for no creases

Google it or Toolstation or Screwfix or Machine mart

Yep , but that wont tell what will do the job

Hi Ive recovered a couple of seats on my lads MX bike, the only thing that will drive the staples into a plastic base is a compressed air gun, its probaly cheaper to get an upholsterer to do it ( it would only take them 5 mins ) than to go out and buy a gun

OXBOY

Thanks - will go for the air gun - But which one????????

Sites and salesmen will sell you anything !

I need one that will do the job , not one i need to return and beg for an exchange or refund

we use Arrow T50 stapleguns (link) to put up our trials cards, absolutely certifiable heavy duty! top of the range stuff maybe OTT for you. also i think there is a company in TMX that do seat repairs, and/or try your local upholstery fixer (ie fix broken sofas, etc - tend to also do car interiors, etc)

we use Arrow T50 stapleguns (link) to put up our trials cards, absolutely certifiable heavy duty! top of the range stuff maybe OTT for you. also i think there is a company in TMX that do seat repairs, and/or try your local upholstery fixer (ie fix broken sofas, etc - tend to also do car interiors, etc)

I would second teh Arrow T50 they staple just about anything i've come across seatbase wise, also you could try what is know as a 'hammer tacker' which drives staples just a little bit harder than a gun.

Hope this helps

Giles