Trials Should Take A Lesson From F1

borus

Yuz can cal uz owt yuh want ..but divvent ,eva ,cal uz......Geordie dancer!

(Andy,that wasn't text talk by the way)

Whyaye man. Canny like. Divvent kna why like, but I'm seein' this as yee...

ham2.jpg

Doon the Bigg Market of a Saterday neet pullin the tarts then oot on tha Sherco on a Sunday mornin' like. Canny weekend.

Yeez gave us thon Ant and Dec like oota Biker Grurve and thon Cheryl Curl. She's canny like and well fit. Thon Ashley well he durnt deserve her.

:)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whyaye man. Canny like. Divvent kna why like, but I'm seein' this as yee...

ham2.jpg

Doon the Bigg Market of a Saterday neet pullin the tarts then oot on tha Sherco on a Sunday mornin' like. Canny weekend.

Yeez gave us thon Ant and Dec like oota Biker Grurve and thon Cheryl Curl. She's canny like and well fit. Thon Ashley well he durnt deserve her.

;)

Naht, yah wide'o'the mark there Andy...The Bigg Market's fuh yung 'uns, : :):o:crying::thumbup: am owa fowtee so a gan doon the Quayside B) ....anyhow, Sids got much more hair than me!

Edited by HAM2

Naht, yur wide'o'the mark there Andy...The Bigg Market's fuh yung 'uns, :thumbup::):o:crying: am owa fowtee so a gan doon the Quayside B) ....anyhow, Sids got much more hair than me!

Is your sex life as successful as his ?

Is your sex life as successful as his ?

Considering I use him (and Al Bundy) as a role model, it's just as unsuccessful as his...dunno why? :)

Speaking of Mrs. Cole....As a complete gentleman ,I once held the door open as I was going into a bar in Toon, when Girls Aloud were trouping out and everyone was gawping at them (2/3rds scale models of real women!...but the Irish one was well fit!).

Naturally :crying: I let the door swing shut when the Ginga one appeared....their minders kicked off at that...still, it got a laugh out of my mates though :o

Hi all

F1 has struggled to keep going and made many changes to keep Teams and sport alive.

Trials or the FIM should take a look at this.

Here's some suggestions or topics areas for trials:

Maximum engine displacement of 250 cc

Minimum weight of 155 lbs at tech inspection - 70 kgs

Minimum seat height of 30 inches

FI, programmable and 2 or 3 map ignitions banned - (have you ever priced this stuff out?)

Production models must be used in competition by world round riders.

results: -

a bike that the public can better identify with

much lower manufacturing costs and R&D

sections difficulty will have to adapt to lower power and heavier bike. (world level)

lower bike costs for the customers, trials target market will grow, trials will grow, manufacturers won't have struggle to stay in business.

cheers

bob

dude let the engineers have their fun, tying their hands will make bike development slow, look at what AMA did to Motocross, no more works factory bikes, a damn shame if you ask me, yes they were trying to level the playing field so the little guy could go up against the big money, it makes no difference at all, the best rider is still going to win.

for trials to grow it's needs EXPOSURE, I've been at this over 30 years, not much has changed in the trials world nor is it going to.

take a lesson from NASCAR, the drivers hate NASCAR beceause of all their stupid rules, restrictor plates bla bla bla, let em go let em do their best, let them do anything they want to make the bikes the best they can be, trickle down technology will end up in your hands as time goes by. in the end it makes no difference at all the best rider will still win

hell we might as well make them all ride '78 bultacos.. right?

there may be some mild pee taking in this thread of my local community.

However Mr Grieg has actually improved........

I have rarely been as insulted as when he referred to Cota Kid as a Geordie

the blokes from teeside for heavens sake !

Didn't they hang the monkey :rotfl:

According to the comedian Chubby Brown, they are far more notorious for much worse than that! :rotfl:

He opened his act (in Hartlepool?) with the greeting:-

''Am so glad that so many of yous have turned out this evening,I thought you'd all be at home....*******........your bairns!''

He lasted about 30 seconds.

He's not my cup of tea though,yet Jerry Sadowicz is..and he had a similar reception in Canada when he opened his act at the Montreal comedy festival with the line:-

''Good evening moose f*****s!''

My how I've wandered off this thread....let's get back on track:-

It may be time to cast off tradition and evolve a little.

To be self-sustaining we need to grab the mass of public attention,like the recent winter Olympics with the Ski-cross and board-cross races...these races morphed from single individuals on a single course .

Howsabout...Easing the severity of the sections and having 2 or 3 riders in the section at once..both allowed a set number of dabs...first one out scores best? :rotfl:

Edited by HAM2

Its a myth. People from Hartlepool were knowledgeable seafaring folk who would know a French man from a monkey, and there is no official record of such a hanging.

I don't think they were trying to hang it, more like they had a rope round it's neck in a Swaledale sheep shaggers head lock and it bolted forward.

Interesting topic, I haven't been to a trials event in 43 years but having started watching some of the televised indoor events it rekindled an old interest.

From an outsiders viewpoint I have to say that the indoor events seem far too detached from what I would call a Motorcycle Trials Event. We see a few riders tackling nothing but steps, OK they get high but there is nil riding involved. If you have a head for heights and can ride over a skip then you could be world champion. I know, I know, somewhat over simplified but I think you get my drift.

I also didn't realise that the scoring had been so far relaxed for these events. What is it elsewhere? 1 for a dab, 3 for a foot and 5 for a stop. You watch the likes of Bou et al make a jump, land on the bash plate and balance on a perfect tripod made up of both feet and the bottom of the bike with no penalties at all.

Now make the lowest point of the machine into a Vee shape and penalise for resting on your feet and perhaps we might see a different event altogether.

Don't get me wrong I think that they are all great riders but the event is perhaps going the way of most televised motor sport. The producers want to see a crash.

Back to the main topic, I know that it is very difficult but if the public had easier access to any local trial then more people would attend and perhaps be encouraged towards the sport. The problem is, of course, trying to have some suitable land available, and hopefully free or cheap, that can be used. The present system appears to be run for the competitors, and quite rightly so, and it not always at convenient times for spectators.

Also of course, advertise, advertise, advertise.

The only way I found out about a local trials event was reading a copy of T+MX, nothing in the local paper that I recall and no roadside posters. However, advertising costs money and unless you can charge the punters it's money few clubs can afford I imagine.

Anyway, that's my two-pennyworth, I'll go sit in the corner until it's quietened down a bit. :rotfl: