white bros in administation

fantic200

Teachers unions are far from militant so that disproves your thoughts about teachers, in fact one of the unions has a policy of no industrial action(http://www.voicetheunion.org.uk/index.cfm/page/why_voice.cfm/ncid/1051) bet you didn't know that.

Yes there are bad teachers just the same as bad council workers bricklayers doctors and so on, but if you had cared to read my original post i said by and large.

So there you go typing without reading.

The fact is that teaching is not cushy and if you think it is my suggestion is you try it.

:rotfl: Are you just proving my point?

I typed :''typing-without-thinking''...not ''typing without reading'' :rotfl:

Smoking Ganja all day swinging in a hammock is cushy,but I'm not going to try that either.

Our education standards are falling below some eastern European countries because of feckless teachers and clueless government.

My wife works as a classroom assistant,my best mates wife is a secondary school science-teacher,so is my old school buddy,my sister-in-law is a school governor and the one comment that they all have in common :

The observation that the teaching system is brim full of teachers who are lazy self-justifying whingers who never had a previous 'real-world' job,they went to school/college/university then back to school.

You generalise by saying ''by and large''.

A good teacher ,today, is rare and stands out like a bulldogs wotsits.

I had to do a lot of work to find a good school for my kids. :ph34r: I even had to fake a passing interest in a particular religion to do it :ph34r:

I don't wanna hijack this thread but if you wish to continue to defend the indefensible start another topic.

Edited by HAM2

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The goverment has caused all this mess we are in, the bankers should not have got any bonus at all,

do nurses, doctors etc, the senior management at the nhs are on very much over inflated salaries for

doing naff all really, consultant pay is insane, all because no body is solely responsible for running

a hospital, it just comes out the goverment pot that is growing with debt daily ! I think Phillip Green

should run this country, and we would see a massive improvement instead of being told all the crap ! as

for university fees, could save a packet there by only sending the select few to uni like it used to be

for the important courses like medical, law etc, if you want to do one of the cuckoo land courses, like

drama thereapy, then you should fund it yourself, afterall hows that going to benefit anyone really.

Getting back to reallity, the goverment should drop vat to 10% and try and encourage the public to

feel confident about this (sinking ship ) country and may be then companies might stand a chance of

survival ! Sorry to hear about White brothers

very true but why have we heard diddly squat about whats happened to the banks and city bonuses?

Last time i heard they are still paying them. Talk was "we need to because we need to keep the best people to get us out of this mess" quote from Jeremy Vine show. Err just remind me who got us into this mess in the first place????? :chairfall::wall:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Last time i heard they are still paying them. Talk was "we need to because we need to keep the best people to get us out of this mess" quote from Jeremy Vine show. Err just remind me who got us into this mess in the first place????? :chairfall::wall:

They may of made it easy for people to get into the hole, but at the end of the day it's up to the individual if they climb in or not.

As I have said before it's not how much you earn, it's how much you spend.

twt we all get bank holidays and weekends so 2 weeks plus is the norm for most people certainly construction, most sites are shut from monday

Not round here, most will be working (the trades that can unaffected by weather) until xmas eve as always. Many will not due to temperature, and many will be self employed so b/ hols etc mean jack ****. Oh and it's okay to be s/employed again now due to the boom being over, when there was a boom the I R wanted more from you and wanted all to go paye.

Back on topic the bikes will go up in price, the big boys in road bikes will be offering

very true but why have we heard diddly squat about whats happened to the banks and city bonuses?

Hang on I thought that the very high bonuses for the few would get paid? Otherwise the rare talent would leave for other shores... The same talent that we need to prevent any financial meltdowns... ERM.. the same talent that there are probably 10000 other people capable of filling each one of these rare talented jobs. Thank heavens for such talent otherwise we would have suffered a recession over the last few years.... :wacko:....

Edited by Rosey

The goverment has caused all this mess we are in, the bankers should not have got any bonus at all,

do nurses, doctors etc, the senior management at the nhs are on very much over inflated salaries for

doing naff all really, consultant pay is insane, all because no body is solely responsible for running

a hospital, it just comes out the goverment pot that is growing with debt daily ! I think Phillip Green

should run this country, and we would see a massive improvement instead of being told all the crap ! as

for university fees, could save a packet there by only sending the select few to uni like it used to be

for the important courses like medical, law etc, if you want to do one of the cuckoo land courses, like

drama thereapy, then you should fund it yourself, afterall hows that going to benefit anyone really.

Getting back to reallity, the goverment should drop vat to 10% and try and encourage the public to

feel confident about this (sinking ship ) country and may be then companies might stand a chance of

survival ! Sorry to hear about White brothers

I tend to agree but not the bit about Philip Green ... not what I've heard anyway... Oh and I'd dump Uni Law courses and add real ones like the sciences and engineering!

Sir (really why?) Philip Green, billionaire boss of Arcadia, who owns Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and Miss Selfridge among others. Arcadia is owned by Taveta Investments Limited, which is registered to an office on the tax-haven island of Jersey. Taveta Investments is owned by Green’s family members living in Monaco, where income tax is 0%. It’s estimated Green avoided paying £285million in tax in 2005 alone.

- Philip Green's £285m tax dodge would have paid for 13,000 new police officers

- The tax dodged by Philip Green could have paid for 20,000 NHS nurses

- To clarify the reports, Philip Green avoided £300 million on his £1.2bn dividend payout

Edited by Rosey

Whilst this thread is making very dull reading, as most of it has been said before in many different forums and media could I politely ask that people check the title of the thread.

White Brothers I understand are closing on the 23rd which is bad news for us and for the staff. Its a bad thing to happen but especially the week before Christmas.

Hope the staff and owners get sorted out in the new year with employment somewhere.

At the end of the day off road/on road bikes are just like clothes there a fashion,its not that long ago a famous name in trials went into administration the reason for for this is because they had a shop full gear nobody want,you can speak to a certain Fantic bod today and they will tell you there workshop is busier today than it ever was in the 80's.

Theres dosh still out there.