white bros in administation

fantic200

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teachers do not get 3 weeks off at christmas, you are talking out your ar$e.

The teachers of this country by and large do a brilliant job, if you think its so easy why don't you do it?

sorry to be off the mark for those teachers that broke up yesterday in rochdale and will return on january the 5th they will be only having 19 days off, 2 days short of three weeks..

Trust me its the last few people at the top that get this, the rest of us get bugger all.

So true........... and most of us have been made redundant in the last 2 years, as a flipping bonus :rolleyes:

1,000's & 1,000's have gone from Lloyds Group, all mainly regular 'joes' from the coalface

I dont think manufacturers can carry on increasing retail price.

there a simple rules in economics and business.

a product is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, its not necessarily worth what it costs to manufacture or what the manufacturer thinks it is worth.

If a manufacturer cant sell a product at a profit there is no point making it, thats called going into liquidation in the long term.

So Yamaha can increase a road bike by 10% next year if they wish, if no one is buying now then who cares apart from Yamaha ?

Montesa can do the same with the 4rt,

Unfortunatly Thatcher Years turned us from producers into consumers which is great until the money runs dry. Thankfully we are not in the Euro which do wonders to the members now controlled by Brussels.

The reality of it is that bikes have not really progress to require a new model like days of old, sure maybe a tweak here and there but a few year old well kept bike still does the job with finances in mind.

Also the motorcycle market will become less as it becomes ever more difficult to enjoy, as the powers that be, stop land useage and criminalise those that participate.

Edited by smalley250

Unfortunatly Thatcher Years turned us from producers into consumers which is great until the money runs dry.

Unfortunatly Thatcher Years turned us from producers into consumers which is great until the oil started to run dry.

sorry to be off the mark for those teachers that broke up yesterday in rochdale and will return on january the 5th they will be only having 19 days off, 2 days short of three weeks..

twt we all get bank holidays and weekends so 2 weeks plus is the norm for most people certainly construction, most sites are shut from monday as well so leave teachers alone or become one if its so marvellous

twt we all get bank holidays and weekends so 2 weeks plus is the norm for most people

Wrong,that aint the norm :angry: ..you're 'typing-without-thinking' again with those sweeping statements.

If you think every teacher is a benevolent angel you're deluded.

I've got friends who jumped ship from banking <_< to land a cushier job in teaching.

Those who can,do..those that can't;teach .

My youngest did a speech in PHYSICS about Nicola Tesla :thumbup: ,afterwards in front of the class the teacher said ''Yes,she was a very famous scientist,wasn't she?''. :wall:

Here's a general rule of thumb for you:

The more militant the union,the more cushy the job that union is protecting.

Back on topic , sorry to hear about Whiteys,had a bike,maintenance ,spares and riding gear from them over the years.

Hope Al the Spanner gets sorted.

Wrong,that aint the norm :angry: ..you're 'typing-without-thinking' again with those sweeping statements.

I've got friends who jumped ship from banking <_< to land a cushier job in teaching.

My youngest did a speech in PHYSICS about Nicola Tesla :thumbup: ,afterwards in front of the class the teacher said ''Yes,she was a very famous scientist,wasn't she?''. :wall:

Back on topic , sorry to hear about Whiteys,had a bike,maintenance ,spares and riding gear from them over the years.

You on axel stands this week ?

without wanting to get political...I cant vote here, I dont vote there..the uk got value and price mixed up.

Since the seventies people have been watching their houses go up in "Value". Any daft bu/(er could get a morgage and regardless of his job or qualification and regardsless of the work ethic, he would watch houses go up in price. Thats the right word...price...

In fact, unless you keep on to things long enough (examples like Ariels or pre 65 bikes... etc) things depreciate or go DOWN in value. Why should a house be different to a gasgas? its not, but the brits and yanks believed otherwise. This "assumed value increase" led people to rate the finances of their ownership to be much higher. They did the same or worse in the US...been there lately...its lijke after a nuclear war in detroit... Anyway, borrow money on assumed valued is ****ty. if the bubble bust..off you go. (GM had a production plant in Flint. 30K workers. all had a house, all were morgaged. wifes worked at toys r us. When the factory closed, the town became wothless.The banks took a hit because of "short selling" (google that, its ludicrous)and thze ecconomy card house started to fall. it moved over like the plague.

As long as both these superpowers (USA and Uk) were confussing their supposed added value which the house price seem to show, the foundation for the economies was built on thames sand...and then it washed away.

There is no such thing as a 100% morgage here..110% is unheard of.You need to SAVE 30% first. Consequently, the banks had a good portion of the selling price even when people had to sell at a lower price.

and lets face it...the USA exported "the american dream" to China to keep the share prices high...dumb. Now they have nobody working to buy the thing the chinease produce for them....

The uk is much the same.

Banks, insurance and the civil servants DONT add value, they just move money around. The public sector cost and dont earn money for the uk.

There are very few cars left made in the uk, fiesta is in spain and germany, transit has gone...etc etc....if you become a country of consumers it will stay that way.

Are we a victim of our ouw success? I think so. A TV cost 3 months wages in 1970. Now its a consumable...

we wanted it like it is....

shame to see any company go to the wall...

cheers

lee

Edited by Lee Harris

without wanting to get political...i cant vote here, i dont vote there..the uk got value and price mixed up.

Sine the seventies people have been watching their haoses go up in "Value". Any daft bu/(er could get a morgage and regardless of his job or quification and regardsless of the work ethic, he would watch haoses go up in price. thats the right word...price...-

In fact, unless you keep on to things long enougfht 8Ariels etc) the depreciate or go down in value. Why should a house be different to a gasgas. This assumed value increase led people to rate the value of their ownership to be much higher. They did the same or worse in the US...been there lately...its lijke after a nuclear war in detroit...

As long as both these superpowers were coulibng their supposed added value which the price seem to show, the foundation for the econommy was built on thames sand...and then it washed away.

There is no such thjing as a 100% morgage here..110% is unheard of. Consequentkly the banks had a good portion of the selling price even when people had to sell at a lower price.

and lets face it...the use exported the american dream to keep the share prices high...dumb. Now they have nobody working to buy the thing the cjinease produce for them....

The uk is much the same.

Banks insurance and thecivil servants DONT add value, they just move money around. The public sector cost and dont earn money for the uk.,

There are very few cars left made in the uk, fiesta is in spain and germany, transit has gone...etc etc....if you bare a country of consumers it will stay that way.

Are we a victim of our ouw success? i think so. A TV cost 3 months wages in 1970. Now its a consumable...

we wanted it like it is....

shame to see any cvompany go to the wall...

cheers

lee

Sound reasoning.....................I wish my wife would listen :wall:

Teachers unions are far from militant so that disproves your thoughts about teachers, in fact one of the unions has a policy of no industrial action(http://www.voicetheunion.org.uk/index.cfm/page/why_voice.cfm/ncid/1051) bet you didn't know that.

Yes there are bad teachers just the same as bad council workers bricklayers doctors and so on, but if you had cared to read my original post i said by and large.

So there you go typing without reading.

The fact is that teaching is not cushy and if you think it is my suggestion is you try it.

You on axel stands this week ?

no Mr Efficiency will be posing round the metro centre with his snow shovel looking for chicks to dig out in his goretex coat :rotfl:

Merry Christmas boys

lets get off the mudslinging or i'm posting a link to Paul McCartney and his pipes of piece !