Dabill not in Japan

beatabeta

It appears that Dibs and Beta have decided it's not worth going to compete in Japan.

Strange scenario???

I appreciate the cost implications etc but surely as No1 factory rider they (Beta) want him to represent them in a good sized market for them..

It appears that Dibs and Beta have decided it's not worth going to compete in Japan.

Strange scenario???

I appreciate the cost implications etc but surely as No1 factory rider they (Beta) want him to represent them in a good sized market for them..

Is the cost worth it?

Betas sold in japan how many?

perhaps you know the answers better than beta?

I think there are many people who are worried about how safe it really is out there in terms of radiation.

Personal view only, but I wouldn't believe any government or 'independent' report declaring it safe. Not where money is concerned.

As I posted in a "Pistonheads" thread some people have too much "information" and not enough Knowledge. The Radiation is pretty much a non-event as it fell back to "normal" again. As for Earthquakes well they are pretty "normal" for Japan. I suspect Beta have taken the decision as I don't think Dibs would be put off.

Is the cost worth it?

Betas sold in japan how many?

perhaps you know the answers better than beta?

GOOD GOD you are so argumentative! anything and everything (literally) and you can attempt to argue it. do you argue with yourself in your van?

I have no idea how many Beta's are sold in Japan, nor do I care.

I also do not know the 'answers better than Beta' but was merely stating that I thought it strange that they did not have their number 1 rider representing.

If it's safety reasons - fair enough, although I doubt it's that. Radiation levels are radiation levels and very easily tested and Earthquakes etc are 10 a penny in Japan also.

If it's cost then +1 for what Andy said. Dont send the whole of Beta out there.

Why can they not get a standard Beta from Beta Japan, take some of their 'trick' bits, send James, a minder and a mechanic? Am sure Beta Japan will be there anyway and would happily should any problems arise.

I guess (and no I DONT know this Mr Argue!) that the points missed from Japan could affect James' overall standing in the WTC especially if Brown, Gubian and Challoner are going.

Is this possibly a sign that Beta are not happy with James performance this year as surly the aim was regular top 5 finishes and that hasnt been happening so they have decided to cut their loses and save a buck or two?

GOOD GOD you are so argumentative! anything and everything (literally) and you can attempt to argue it. do you argue with yourself in your van?

I have no idea how many Beta's are sold in Japan, nor do I care.

I also do not know the 'answers better than Beta' but was merely stating that I thought it strange that they did not have their number 1 rider representing.

If it's safety reasons - fair enough, although I doubt it's that. Radiation levels are radiation levels and very easily tested and Earthquakes etc are 10 a penny in Japan also.

If it's cost then +1 for what Andy said. Dont send the whole of Beta out there.

Why can they not get a standard Beta from Beta Japan, take some of their 'trick' bits, send James, a minder and a mechanic? Am sure Beta Japan will be there anyway and would happily should any problems arise.

I guess (and no I DONT know this Mr Argue!) that the points missed from Japan could affect James' overall standing in the WTC especially if Brown, Gubian and Challoner are going.

you stated in your very first post it was a good sized market so i thought you knew what you were talking about.

championship points are available on the fim website if you need that information.

if you want disscussion and argument on a subject then post,but why moan when this happens in a forum? Do you want everyone to agree with you?

Why do these riders need a dozen people travelling with them?

I remember a few years ago Greg Albertyn went to the US MX GP with his mechanic and a big box containing his bike, spares and tools. Thatwas it.

If it's safety reasons - fair enough, although I doubt it's that. Radiation levels are radiation levels and very easily tested.

It's not a big deal. Incidently radiation wokers have a LOWER incidence of cancer than the rest of society.

Edited by TooFastTim