Btc! What's Happened?!

benwibberley

Entries are not up, they are down there was a limit put on last years event, this year with two classes there will be more in the top route. (not sure why youre not riding it richard?)

how the clerk of the course cannot be there I dont know.

If the importers are desperate for it to be a success then why have they all not got big displays, demo riders spot prizes for their best non supported rider etc etc????????????

It was limited to 55 riders like it has been since 1995 when they changed the format. I know for a fact that quite a few of the rounds last year were not full to the limit of 55 but you could be correct to a degree with the numbers although even with the old championship and expert A classes there are still more in the championship now. What beats me is how there are so many youths, they have their own championship. Trials won't ever be the spectacle that MX is and what's the point in having these demos when nobody goes to watch anyway? My reason for not doing the top route is that I can't ride very often and I literally want to turn up and ride but that's nothing to do with the subject.

The opinion of the CofC was ignored and my Info was he was there on Saturday. Westwood is a Good TSR22A venue and the BTC Round was applied for on that basis. It is not their fault that the rules were changed and they were left high and dry with regards to trying to adapt the Trial. Perhaps they should have withdrawn. As it stood would any other club have bothered??? I doubt it. I also wonder if Scarborough would have proceeded if they knew about the rule change. As for the Spectators these Trials are pretty expensive to organise and plan. Apart from a Swinging Entry Fee how would you put a round on? I doubt many events can get away with the fees the SSDT charges.

As it stands Brimham Rocks is no longer a suitable venue for a BTC so the 5th Round will probably be held at Addingham Moorside itself not exactly the best "No-Stop" venue. To Me that's a sad loss.

I think that you will find that the C of C is actually from the Hillsborough club and I know him well and he was not there on Saturday. The venue is rubbish for anything other than a club trial unfortunately. In regard to your statement about the Y&G round you are correct that it would be hard to lay a suitable no stop trial out as everything is far too nadgery. Addingham is a superb venue for no stop so that is a positive move without a doubt. I can't see how Scarborough can run a poor trial with the land on offer but unfortunately I have ridden more poor trials than good ones there in the last few years. The proof however will be in the pudding.

Message from John Collins

Re posts about Rd 2 British Championship

I have read all the posts, and while not particularly wishing to once more go into the same old arguments, there are quite a few things I think need comment, not least the inclination of a few to stray a fair bit away from the truth

I am certainly not ducking the questions or explanation, but as Andy has informed , at present for some reason the TC site will not let me respond to posts ( I know some may think this is a good thing)

As soon as this is sorted out I will try to comment of some issues raised

John Collins

Message from John Collins

Re posts about Rd 2 British Championship

I have read all the posts, and while not particularly wishing to once more go into the same old arguments, there are quite a few things I think need comment, not least the inclination of a few to stray a fair bit away from the truth

I am certainly not ducking the questions or explanation, but as Andy has informed , at present for some reason the TC site will not let me respond to posts ( I know some may think this is a good thing)

As soon as this is sorted out I will try to comment of some issues raised

John Collins

Be interesting to hear an unbiased point of view. Might not always agree with John but his posts are always well worded, incisive and thought out plus it's from the horses mouth. Definately looking forward to reading it. Come on Andy sort it :popcorn:

The fact is since stop and hop started bike sales have fallen and presumably that is one reason importers are keen on a return to no stop.

Recently I observed at a no stop trial and there were a number of argumemts regarding 5s for stopping. It is going to take some riders a while to change technique.

I was observing for near on 5 hours with no break and near continuous small queues for the relatively easy secion. Had it been stop and hop (and the section stiffer as a result) I would probably have taken 6 to 7 hours with longer queues. 6 or 7 hours is too long to obsrerve.

5s should be awarded for even a monentary stop. If not the scores may make the section look too easy and the CoC will then stiffen it up for next year which will bring even more riders to a stop, increase time through the secitions and spoil the enjoyment of many.

I admire the skills of the hop and stop riders but really they should have started their own sport rather than hijacking tradittinal reliability trials.

Cheers

• Like 1

......5s should be awarded for even a monentary stop.

I'm not saying I don't agree, but it's not always an easy call to make.

Being able to watch a slow motiion replay of this section, from the same place as the camera, the observer may (or may not) have given a different score.

• Like 1

I think that you will find that the C of C is actually from the Hillsborough club and I know him well and he was not there on Saturday. The venue is rubbish for anything other than a club trial unfortunately. In regard to your statement about the Y&G round you are correct that it would be hard to lay a suitable no stop trial out as everything is far too nadgery. Addingham is a superb venue for no stop so that is a positive move without a doubt. I can't see how Scarborough can run a poor trial with the land on offer but unfortunately I have ridden more poor trials than good ones there in the last few years. The proof however will be in the pudding.

You know Graham Jarvis then?

Graham wasn't the clerk of the course. He laid out the sections. In my opinion he did as good as anyone could with the limited terrain. It's a good venue for a club trial but for anything else it's a bit limited.

However for a stop allowed arena trial it would be good.

Perhaps a mini championship with arena type sections would be popular for spectators using this venue and Seymours Arena and others that are suitable. Might be worth thinking about.

Edited by Timp

it was a rip roaring success last year superb sections and packed with spectators. some club trial!

over subscribed last year by 22 so entries are without question at this round, down.

Has a rule change at this venue generated anything really positive?

Edited by Nigel Dabster

According to the regs and programme the officials were

Clerk of the course Dave Aspinal

Assistant clerk of the course John Kerwin

I assume Graham was section designer (who was there Saturday and Sunday)