Rim Job

copemech

As many well know, getting tubeless tires to seal properly on spoked rims with a sealing band can be difficult for the most and near impossible for a punter or on a corroded rim.

Many have suggested silecone RTV in the past, and other methods which may make a real mess of things if one has to re-doo it or adjust spokes.

All said, I have found a substance of interist which is designed to accomplish a similar job on rusty car rims and such. It does work for said purpose.

Thing about it is it applies thin as a brush on to flow into the area, yet as it dries, remainds rubbry to seal, and does not seem to stick hard to surfaces like RTV. It seems to literally rool off clean when needed so as not to make a mess of things upon removal.

I call this the bugger effect! Call it what you like, but it seems to roll off when needed, much like that tacky stuff used when attaching cards in envelopes, know what I mean.

I have not used it in a trials application, yet I believe it would work the trick, and worth further investigation so ck it out!

Cheers,

post-36-0-65399300-1358834341_thumb.jpg

Stan's bicycle tubeless sealant works well,My Sherco was losing air so much through the rim strip I couldn't make a short 40 minute loop without getting down to about 1 psi remaining,added 8 ounces of Stan's,held air for three weeks(Then I swapped on a flanged Beta rim,problem REALLY solved! :hyper: )