Bou Toppled Lampkin In Terms Of World Titles

NAD1

It won't happen as long as he's riding and winning world championships. Honda don't have him to sell bikes (that much is obvious). They have him to say they have a world champion. SSDT falls at the start of world outdoor season. The risk of riding the SSDT and getting injured and subsequently losing them their world champion is too great for them to allow.

It won't happen as long as he's riding and winning world championships. Honda don't have him to sell bikes (that much is obvious). They have him to say they have a world champion. SSDT falls at the start of world outdoor season. The risk of riding the SSDT and getting injured and subsequently losing them their world champion is too great for them to allow.

I have to disagree, Bou rides None World Championship Indoors during World Outdoor and Indoor events, the scottish being one of those events that have the easiest sections and has much less risk of Bou getting injured!! look what Bou practises on pre season!!! I still think he would clean up in Scotland!! it's just not on Honda's or Bou's agenda at the moment! You cannot compare any other Rider to Bou!

I agree with Andy, the SSDT is not important to Honda

How many SSDTs did Dougie ride for Montesa

even now Fuji can't win the WTC but he still doesnt do Scotland, if Honda wanted they could send Fuji to win it but its not on their agenda.

OK I will throw in my 2 cents here.

Toni Bou is the at the moment holding the most WTC titles (Outdoor and Indoor added together)

Congratulations to the man for this achievement.

Now for people to sit at their keyboards and and say things along the lines of " Oh that's great and all, but can he win this other type of event" Which is similiar to " Oh sure he is great at trials but could he win at Enduro"

great way to diminish his achievements and Just makes you all sound like jealous little brats in my opinion.

He set out a set of goals and has achieved them, and these goals are so far out of reach for the rest of us we should be in awe of his talent and dedication. This actually applies to the "Old Guys" riding WTC and the "New Crop" of riders emerging in the WTC.

• Like 3

Now for people to sit at their keyboards and and say things along the lines of " Oh that's great and all, but can he win this other type of event" Which is similiar to " Oh sure he is great at trials but could he win at Enduro"

SSDT was a trial last time I was there. It would prove he was the best at natural no stop events to.

Might even be good for the sport of trials, why wouldn't you want that ?

• Like 1

I don't think anyone would argue that he's not the best there's ever been.

Honda? do they have the best interests of trials at heart remember thay wanted us all on 4 strokes and failed.

Honda winning all these World titles does not do European makers any favours.

First of all I apparently stutter when I type. The double "and". :)

I may have misunderstood some of the posts, but the impression I got from the comments like, but can he win the SSDT? was to mean that the 13 world titles mean nothing compared to a SSDT win. That was the "vibe" I was getting.

Yes the SSDT is a trial but run under different rules and platform. (No stop and uses roads long distance). Therefore in my mind a different type of event. Yes, if Bou competed and won the SSDT it would prove be is also the best at No Stop (but if he wins the outdoor this year won't that prove the same thing). Bou competing in the SSDT would be a good thing for the sport.

• Like 1

Would his current bike be suitable for 6 days, Honda would have to build him one just for the event.

This is possibly the crux, Honda dont want this expense, and Bou wouldn't want to ride it anyway ?

• Like 1

...............................Now for people to sit at their keyboards and and say things along the lines of " Oh that's great and all, but can he win this other type of event" Which is similiar to " Oh sure he is great at trials but could he win at Enduro"........

Apologies, I may have mis-lead you there Zippy with the 'endurance' reference, what I was trying to explain was the apparent unique-ness of the Scottish. I say 'apparent' as I have not been anywhere near it ( way beyond me). One year I had prepared to spectate using my bike but was told that the 'no non-competition bikes allowed' rule was going to be strictly enforced.

I have it from good sources (baldilocks for one) who make the same independent observations on the demands of the Scottish. The people I'm talking about are good national riders, the sort of fellas you stand and watch in the sections to see how they tick, competitors who ride regularly and yet the same people who say that by day two or three of the SSDT your body is sore and you (briefly) question what you ride a trials bike for?

That's got to appeal to a certain type of rider especially a rider of such a high caliber that he could use the SSDT as a stamina work-out in his WTC training prep?

Suppose it's like with road racing when people say things like yeah but he doesn't ride the TT so he's not really a Champion. Different events really so not totally valid however I would have liked to see Bou ride the SSDT just to reinforce how brilliant a rider he is. Nobody can ever detract from his achievements and like he or his masters at Honda give a toss what anybody says or thinks but from a trials enthusiasts point of view it would have been nice to see him rise to a different Trials challenge and see how he fared. Never gonna happen though is it?

Far too much emphasis on TC and in the press on the WTC. Like how many riders REALLY follow it or could name all the riders, locations, past winners etc ?? Has no relevance to what 99.9% of us that support the sport week in week out do on any Sunday does it?

Edited by old trials fanatic
  • Like 2

I would have liked to see Bou ride the SSDT just to reinforce how brilliant a rider he is.

I'd rather see him ride the Pre-65 on an illegal bike. Purely so we can watch you go into meltdown :rotfl: