Trials Clothing.

ba baraccus

I just use motocross gear. I don't want to inflict the sight of me in lycra on anyone!!! Also, the MX gear is much tougher and as there is a much wider range, it is possible to get some good deals. I don't find that it is any more restrictive either.

Edited by Social Climber

I use the older stuff as worn in the twin-shock era. Got a pair of Ellgren trousers-red and blue and a modern Elgren shirt.(not colour matched, but if the observer can't stand to look, maybe he will miss the dab?. . .)

Ebay is good for the older stuff. Is very comfortable, trousers are thorn and splash proof. A lot cheaper than the lycra gear and i'm sure will be more comfortable. (never have, and never will try lycra - i've seen the effect it has on other skinny folk :hyper: )

Pete.

Im using motocross pants right now, but they are way too hot now during the summer. My shin guards are always soaking wet and its impossible to get the pants off after a good 3 hour riding session :D

Trying to find some nice trials riding gear, i dont like the super tight ones that look like full-body stockings, but ive only seen ones that are red and have "MONTESA" printed all over them, cant ride a beta with them :hyper:

Does anyone know of a website that sells trial clothing that would possibly suit my -03 beta (the yellow kind) that has proper ventilation?

Does anyone know of a website that sells trial clothing that would possibly suit my -03 beta (the yellow kind) that has proper ventilation?

Once again , try HAVEN , that new on&off stuff is real nice i got a raceshirt and gloves from 'em ,good range ,good colours and the final bit (this is more important if yer a yorkshireman !) good prices (try

Edited by lastplacebrad

Whilst we're on the clothing issue.

On several videos I've seen Joe Baker wearing trousers that go over the top of his boots...and i THINK they are XCting ones????????????

I really like the idea of trousers that go over the boots...dont ask me why..just kind of prefer it.

But..I'm wondering...where d'ya get 'em...and more importantly..do they still have a bit of padding in the knee/shin area?...(especially important for me 'cause I fall off alot)..

Hope someone can enlighten me :hyper:

Haven Are the importers of the "On&Off" brand so you should be able to obtain it at a local dealer. The one We got ours off is Pennine Trialsport. They turn up at (Yorkshire Centre) Local trials selling the gear and bike essentials so finding them isn't a problem.

Stu,

They are a bit like wot Freestyle motoxers used to wear but now, they just tend to wear jeans and hoodies. :hyper:

FOX & SHIFT make them, XC-ting are the only company that tend to make them in a well known trials name, they are called 'Tophill'. any motox clothing shops will have them. they're sound, you can get loads of designs