Have Any Of You Guys Broke Ribs Riding?

billyt

Nope no ribs, I know guys that have twisted Knees, shredded ACL, broken cheek bones, I twisted my ankle, .....Oh wait a second, there was one guy that tried to convince his bike to go to the top of the hill. His bike had other plans, and rolled over him on it's way back down the hill. Broke a couple ribs, broken nose and a punctured lung.

And I keep telling the Wifey that Trials is a safe motorsport.

If you're absolutely, 100% certain that it's only broken ribs, there really isn't too much that doctors can or will do for you, in my experience.

If you got knocked out from a crash, and/or felt like you got the wind knocked out of you, along with the that old broken collarbone & rib kinda feeling, and especially if you sound like you're playing a harmonica when you breathe, it'd be a great idea to go see a doctor then. You've got problems from ringing your bell, and a punctured lung from the broken ribs. Have first hand experience on this deal......

Jimmie

Yep as the above posting's said, it's awful, you can't take big breaths and movability in all is limited, riding trials very unconformtable.

As less you do during the healing as faster it will heal, btw. a big contusion / bruise have nearly the same effect.

Don't use painkiller just for getting rid of the symptoms, these can worsen healing a lot, it does hurt because the body want's from you to do as little as possible with this "body section".

Took two month for me getting trouble free again.

Edited by pschrauber

So there I was....at the end of section 4 having only 1 dab! Wheelied up hill through finish gate, got cramp in my left fingers, couldn't pull clutch in and just launched towards spectators clearing about 10 foot. It must of looked good to everyone else. Main thing is I did only get the 1 dab and im still here to tell the tail!