Vertigo Launch

Andy

As jtg and ossa are selling in such small numbers I doubt it will make any difference to them at all, the pricing of the vertigo will dictate sales levels as much as anything.

if its 4000 they would probably outsell many others if reliable. if its 8000 it will struggle to outsell jtg and ossa

• Like 1

Obviously price will be a factor. We have GG and Beta who have been round for a long time and sell in largest numbers. Sherco numbers seem to be increasing. Then there is Mont / Honda which are rather different and well established. Then we have (or will have) the 4 newcomers Jotagas, Ossa, Vertigo and TRS. My suspicion is that this newcomer group will not prove that attractive to many riders of the longer established 4 and that total sales volume in this group may not be able to support all 4.

DLs name may give Vertigo an advantage particularly if he signs a top rider who has success on it. Really there is only one rider likely to challenge Bou, Does anyone know Raga's current contract situation?

Edited by dadof2

Maybe uk market and bike preference isn't representative of the global market.The bike the average Uk rider wants to ride in slippery uk conditions is not the same as one for firing up grippy rocks in Spain for example .Our 20 per cent VAT doesn't help bikes that are dearer from the factory to start with .UK riders seem unwilling to try the newer makes even though the newer ones maybe better . I feel it's an uphill struggle to succeed commercially even for the established makes there doesn't seem to be enough riders with deep enough pockets to spend £5500 on a new bike and lose £1500/2000 in a year

Maybe uk market and bike preference isn't representative of the global market.The bike the average Uk rider wants to ride in slippery uk conditions is not the same as one for firing up grippy rocks in Spain for example .Our 20 per cent VAT doesn't help bikes that are dearer from the factory to start with .UK riders seem unwilling to try the newer makes even though the newer ones maybe better . I feel it's an uphill struggle to succeed commercially even for the established makes there doesn't seem to be enough riders with deep enough pockets to spend £5500 on a new bike and lose £1500/2000 in a year

Vat europe wide is very close except hungary where its 27%, so what do you mean?

Obviously price will be a factor. We have GG and Beta who have been round for a long time and sell in largest numbers. Sherco numbers seem to be increasing. Then there is Mont / Honda which are rather different and well established. Then we have (or will have) the 4 newcomers Jotagas, Ossa, Vertigo and TRS. My suspicion is that this newcomer group will not prove that attractive to many riders of the longer established 4 and that total sales volume in this group may not be able to support all 4.

DLs name may give Vertigo an advantage particularly if he signs a top rider who has success on it. Really there is only one rider likely to challenge Bou, Does anyone know Raga's current contract situation?

And Scorpa makes nine...

Yes lets do the 3 day next year then.

Bit keen that one Dabster - I only ride about 3 times a year so I don't want to squeeze a years worth of riding into one long weekend. I did do it in 2011 though when I think you retired.

Remember I will have to borrow a bike as well. Anything closer to home tickle your fancy?

• Like 1

Bit keen that one Dabster - I only ride about 3 times a year so I don't want to squeeze a years worth of riding into one long weekend. I did do it in 2011 though when I think you retired.

Remember I will have to borrow a bike as well. Anything closer to home tickle your fancy?

Yep snapped my tendons in an old shoulder injury. Bike was fine rider not.

assumed you would bottle it when i called your bluff.....

Vertigo head honcho Manel Jané is a long time SSDT competitor, he's also been round the pre65 a number of times so he knows how important reliability is.

I'm not a fan of complexity, my techno progression has stopped at air cooled bikes so all the electronics fill me with horror. I'm sure that the SSDT will find any faults the bike may have but it can also put a nail in the coffin lid of nascent projects, remember the recent Greeves or the Sherco 4t (which IIRC Manel rode round that first year).

Anyways, let's wish the man all the best for having the cojones to sink a considerable amount of his own cash into the project, he can always go back to his family business of 'carros' http://www.jane.es if it all goes pear shaped...

• Like 1