Vertigo Launch

Andy

Well I think it is very nice indeed and would like to extent my congratulations to the Vertigo team. They've done exactly what said they and taken the best of all the other brands and rolled them into one bike.

Fuel injection is surely the only way forward in this age (Ossa). Low centre of gravity fuel tank with large volume, high up air filter and intake (Sherco). Frame design is unique and sufficiently different to give the bike it's own identity. Clutch seems to be a nice compact diagpram like Gas Gas. Throw into the mix user selectable mapping for each gear and a really tasty exhaust (Hope it is repackable). I hope it rides as good as it looks.

I think they've sacrificed looks for performance it looks abit too fussy I think , and I know it's silly but I think it's let down with that sagging rear mudguard exactly the same way the ossa is , it takes the sharp look away.so that's the bike what about the rider?!? Surely with all the effort /money that they've put in they are going to have a top flight rider on it next year??

I don't think Dougie Lampkin would be backing anything that isn't a winner.

Is it not great to have a British (well Yorkshire) legend developing and producing a state of the art trials machine ?

I really don't know how anyone in the country can be anything but positive about this.

Maybe one day we'll even build a bike here!

• Like 2

Only just noticed it has an Electronic water pump (is that a first for a Trials bike?). If reliable I think that is a very good idea, trials bikes spend a lot of time going very slowly on low revs but still gettin very hot in mid summer, with an electric pump the coolant can be circulated at the ideal speed regardless of engine speed.

• Like 2

So now we have an electric pump (plus its power supply, monitoring and control circuitry) as well as an electric fan to go wrong, I would have far rather seen a mechanical pump retained and a water powered fan motor.

I know I may be called a dinosaur but to me trials should be about tackling rough terrain and rider skill, not technological development. The main cooling system faults on current trials bikes are, lack of water capacity, lack of radiator size, radiator clogging and fan electrical failure. The addition of an electric pump solves none of these. There is no reason why the seals on an electric pump will be any more reliable than those on a mechanical pump and it may be that the pump is an expensive sealed unit.

Yes dinosaur. And luddite.

Trials manufacturing has always been about tech development right from the conversion of road going bikes through Sammys input at bultaco through the adaptation of monoshocks water cooling and disc brakes, all of which produce the very lightweight efficient and reliable bikes we now have.

your comments above regarding gas gas gearboxes are neolithic, the current ones are very reliable and of the 7 gg ive owned ive yet to have one fail.

technology has provided me with something I want a lightweight machine, and this is replicated across the country every brand every week.

This vertigo goes another step along that route and gives us a light version, and then a lighter one! The customer can choose and the sales numbers will be a good test of your ridiculous heavier is better theory?

I would also respectfully suggest that if the majority of people agreed with your theories then the 4rt would have an expansive dealer network and an active importer promoting a good product cos the sales are there.

• Like 4

Team WGASA would be more than happy to provide our "testing" services for this new machine.

All we would require would be 5 bikes provided at no charge and free replacement of any broken parts during the 5 year testing period.

:D

(If I gonna dream, then dream big)

• Like 3

With reference to the electric water pump. If it fails, then what indication does the rider get that it has failed and how quickly would he/her know ? I was just thinking that if the water stopped pumping whilst at speed across the moors, you would want to know pretty quickly that there was a problem don't you think?

Just because the gearbox has been tested for 2 years does not mean it will be reliable, Raga's GG gearbox is very reliable at WTC year after year but the gearboxes of GGs in the hands of private buyer fail all too frequently.

Would I buy one for say £6k? No because another lookalike (or very nearly so) big bore 2t does not interest me. I would far rather spend the money on a secondhand 4RT and a 199 Bultaco.

the key is quality control during production, design can be good, can the supplier do their job.

Problem with electronic equipment unlike mechanical is the higher risk of intermittent failure that is difficult to detect, also more prone to adverse conditions. Personally i cant see the benefit of an electric pump as the current size of rads wont cool anymore due to volume and low airflow, ok maybe riding stop perimtted where it gets no revs and air flow.

Looks like a Meccano on the frame side lots of bolts and subframes and very Ossa looking.