Vertigo Launch

Andy

Andy I believe you have posted that picture in the incorrect bike forum....... shouldnt it be in the XPA, ( formerly known as Xispa) ? :rotfl:

The two projects could not be more opposite. The engineering / design and the people involved in Vertigo are very professional.

• Like 2

With reference to the electric water pump. If it fails, then what indication does the rider get that it has failed and how quickly would he/her know ? I was just thinking that if the water stopped pumping whilst at speed across the moors, you would want to know pretty quickly that there was a problem don't you think?

And if a mechanical one fails .........

back mudguard is crap looking, I like the white bike though.

the double exhaust didnt work on the 4 stroke scorpa, that was a 4 stroke though!

Big ££££££££££££?

The mudguards aren't final product. As far as £££££ goes, Dougie himself said he doesn't know where this £8k that's being thrown about has come from. Pricing isn't yet decided.

Leg over I recently re built one utterly fantastic in your memory, good but not quite the same if you have just stepped off a 2014 280 GG.

Good man! Would you consider selling her?

I trust it has at least 3 maps in each gear...

Ice Hell....nah pink pleasure ;-)

When will Manufacturers learn that when they launch a new product to the masses that they are selling to We want to know the whole picture......

WHEN will it be available ?

HOW much will both models cost?

WHO apart from Dougie will be development riders for the team?

If these questions were currently available (so far I have not seen them ) then I would have the answers to base the purchase of a new machine on - currently my money would be on the 2015 4rt so Vertigo where do you stand?

Help me make an informed decision please........ I could be placing an order!

Heavy VS light. All things in engineering are a compromise. It is my view that the best compromise, between weight, performance, cost and reliability, for the majority of riders lies at about 75Kg rather than under 70 Kg. In their quest to reduce weight Gasgas have given us frames that break, kickstarts that are fragile and gearboxes that break, fuel taps that leak and now they are having to discount to get rid of over production.

Mont / Honda on the other hand are so confident of sales of their HEAVIER bikes only feel it necessary to have 3 dealers. In addition look at the resale values of HEAVY Monts compared to LIGHT GGs and Ossas.

Take a Beta swinging arm spindle nut for example. Quite a nice piece of machined lightweight alloy that is then black anodised BUT it is not even a locknut, occasionally falls off and costs about £7.50. If it were not for the quest to reduce weight a standard thin section M16 x 1.5 nyloc nut could be used, more reliable at about 50 pence.

Many of the developments that have taken place such as disc brakes and monoshock rear suspension clearly outperform their predecessors and have few drawbacks but some of the developments taking place to shave the last few grams off or squeeze a bit more power out of the engine are of dubious value, particularly when long term maintenance costs and reliability considerations are taken into account.

Only time will tell what price and how reliable the Vertigo is but for me the electronic complexity is already a turn off, but perhaps for rides who can't tune a carb EFI is a big plus (until it goes wrong)

• Like 1