Vertigo Launch

Andy

I saw it at Hookwoods today too. It looks well designed and made,not a copy of anything else.It sounds odd at low revs but does not appear to lack in this area,when it's wound on the exhaust note changes and it takes off quicker than anything else.I think the production model would need calming down for the majority but in the hands of a very good rider(Dabill)it appears a brilliant bike .Hope it works out for them

• Like 2

The Fantic frame is all steel tube.

The Vertigo is steel tube in upper / headstock area then alloy for the swing arm / footrest area so I would say it is much more similar in design concept terms to the Benelli.

So you think the trellis frame using multiple materials here came from Benelli? What's the connection from Vertigo to Benelli?

--Biff

We'll see tomorrow. There'll be no soft hopping bopping sections at Butser just huge blasts and climbs up into the clouds that'll sort the wheat from the chaff. Can't wait !!!!

I think Dabill showed what the bike can do in all situations and he was well clear of anyone else on both days

Using different materials for different parts of the frame is far from new, Greeves from the 1960s with the cast alloy front down section for example. The similarity between the Benelli and the Vertigo frame is probably no more than coincidence but something must have inspired Vertigo to use this construction. Very shortly after the Vertigo was announced DL said they had looked at other bikes for their strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps this look round did not just extend to trials bikes.

The Benelli price that is interesting. Full road kit, 4 cylinders and EFI all for about £4,500. Benelli are not made in very large numbers so it could be expected that the Vertigo should have a very competitive price.

If I were specifying a trials frame I would probably go for simple ferrous tube like Sherco and Gasgas. Vertigo must have their reasons for doing otherwise and it seems to work.

I think Dabill showed what the bike can do in all situations and he was well clear of anyone else on both days

I agree. The bike looks and sounds terrific.With Dougies values behind it , I have every confidence the Vertigo will be spot on

Edited by gasgas249uk

Seen the vertigo up close in the flesh, Looks good even though it's a prototype so a bit fabricated here and there.

The final production bike will need the waterpump moved as it sticks out too far or a protector on it. The regulator looks a bit vulnerable under the headstock. Apart from that I'm impressed after a very good look at all the components.

The waterpump looks like a Bosch unit used in the fast heat system on many german cars so it will be reliable if it's a genuine Bosch.

Gas Gas are (were!!) testing the pump on Raga's bike at the moment.

Using different materials for different parts of the frame is far from new, Greeves from the 1960s with the cast alloy front down section for example. The similarity between the Benelli and the Vertigo frame is probably no more than coincidence but something must have inspired Vertigo to use this construction. Very shortly after the Vertigo was announced DL said they had looked at other bikes for their strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps this look round did not just extend to trials bikes.

The Benelli price that is interesting. Full road kit, 4 cylinders and EFI all for about £4,500. Benelli are not made in very large numbers so it could be expected that the Vertigo should have a very competitive price.

If I were specifying a trials frame I would probably go for simple ferrous tube like Sherco and Gasgas. Vertigo must have their reasons for doing otherwise and it seems to work.

Gotcha. I agree that Benelli is a neat package and helps see what is possible.

--Biff

• 1 month later...