Vertigo Launch

Andy

#242 "On the air flow issue , there is no oil on the intake side , and their are o2 sensors that deal with contaminants , the just run heaters and measure accordingly ... Their are Diesels with O2 sensors !!!! And it may not have to be a total feedback system either ...

Glenn "

There is oil on the intake system, both from oil on the filter and fuel blowback that reaches the filter because of the short distance between cab and filter on most trials bikes.

Could you give some more info on the O2 sensors that deal with contaminants, and the O2 sensors that are used on diesels thanks.

Yes EFI can run without feedback but that removes one of its key advantages over a carburettor.

So as not to "pollute" this Vertigo topic any further I am going to start a new EFI / 2T / 4T topic in general trials talk, perhaps glen you can use that to reply to this post.

Any one yet found out/worked out what the differences are between the two models Combat & Ice Hell?

The specs in the brochure list some different components: Ice Hell apparently weighs 63Kg with magnesium engine cases, titanium exhaust 'manifold' & gold finish tech forks. Camo is listed as 66Kg with aluminium engine cases, stainless steel manifold and black finish tech forks.

Edited by neils on wheels

• 2 weeks later...

For fook's sake! Iv'e got a bloody sweat on after reading this pisch.Realize the point to some of it but hell fire your all grown blokes or lasses! Has any one got a good image to post here .I can't get any You tube on my work post computor and no WiFi and i'm not home for a week and some day's . the pictures on the internet arn't really detailed

All this guff and no propper pics just loads of cack. The pictures in BIKE magazine are quite good but don't really show any detail and the launch ones arn't much better.

Vertig vertigo vertigo vertigo vertigo .

Think iv'e got the name in more than any post here , somone please just post a pic that i don't have to go into to view if they have one otherwise i'll have to wait till i'm home. Vertigo vertigo .

Bet the Vertigo trials bike is technical extasy .

Edited by shyted

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone any more info on the broken bolt and running out of gas issues?

From the post trial report they are investigating the bolt issue, Beta were also renowned for breaking the bottom shock bolt in the past and you don't hear of any problems now so it might only be a supplier issue rather than a design problem?

Fuel is simple put fuel in the tank and it will run whether that be through a carb or EFI :)

Just a bit of a sod when these things happen in public.
Regarding EFI and carbs, Carbs tend to give quite a warning by change of engine response as they run out of fuel. When any injected engine runs out of fuel be it, EFI, mechanical or single point LPG the loss of power tends to be much more sudden which could be nasty particularly on an indoor type event

Something I would like to have on any off road bike is a see through fuel tank.

Thankfully you are in the minority (again) see through whilst very practical on longer events has been superseeded by a reserve position on the fuel tap, and they look crap.

I actually think that these things are not a sod at all, if sherco 4 stroke ossa and jtg had gone through public failures at the proto stage then it would have been much better. you have berated gas gas over and over again based from what i can see mainly historical failures but surely a prototype development stage irons out problems yet you are now saying its wrong? FFS!!!!

I am pleased to see the vertigo out there being proved before i buy one, thats good surely?

• Like 1

Of the problems that affected GG it would seem they have at last resolved the water pump issues.

They are still no nearer resolving gearbox, kick start and lower frame / crankcase breakage issues.

A fair number of riders including myself (cost me a Scott finish) have had trials spoiled due to unexpected and unseen fuel loss or excess consumption. A reserve tap may get you a bit further but is not as good as being able to see the tank contents easily.

Regarding developing prototypes in public, Some have already said of the broken suspension bolt (they may be wrong) that its just another example of bikes too light and comparing it to Ossa dog bone trouble).

Sherco's development problems and reputation for bad bearings undoubtedly did their image no good for quite some time.

Nigel, I am quite surprised you are contemplating a switch from GG.